LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this weekend

Should I spend 3 hours driving to OC

I was thinking about heading down to OCMD this weekend since its a long weekend for school... Looking at forecast doesn't seem like it is worth it. Any chance that it could improve in the coming days. I am not getting in the water if it is ankle-knee no matter how clean it is.
    Last edited by BRbodyboard; Nov 2, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Images
    where are you from? If you live far away I wouldn't bother unless it was a hurricane coming through, besides OC is always packed.

Don't come....Please stay home

Images

I live in Baltimore County.
    SurfingOC912 I feel the love. thanks for welcoming me to the forums

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images

unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by BRbodyboard View Post
    I was thinking about heading down to OCMD this weekend since its a long weekend for school... Looking at forecast doesn't seem like it is worth it. Any chance that it could improve in the coming days. I am not getting in the water if it is ankle-knee no matter how clean it is.
    not to be obvious, but chances that the forecast will be higher than called for is pretty unlikely. a forecast is a forecast. waist high in OCMD friday and saturday is okay, but you never know the conditions until the day of. driving more than 2+ for knee high with occ. waist like that, in my opinion, is not worth it.

luckily, i never have a long drive to the beach

Its funny you ask because this website you're on provides a forecast for waves. you should try it out.

Thanks for the respectful answer. unfortunately i will not be able to get to OC until late friday, so I would only be out saturday, sunday, and maybe monday morning. we will see

Images
    "This Weekend" threads are not allowed. Post something legit so we know you're legit..like a surfing pic... or your address and phone number

ill go out in thigh high and clean this weekend cause i just want some tasty peelers. Keep an eye on the forcast. Waist high is really fun soetimes if its barreling good. Thigh is also sometimes really fun.