LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

h1n1 is not as severe as regular flu. and as he said, if you're on this forum, you probably are reasonably fit and are not at high risk. my gf is a nurse and they're not even testing people for h1n1 anymore, they're treating it just like seasonal. and yes, many more deaths occur as a result of seasonal flu... if you've already been exposed to h1n1 there is no reason to get the shot...keep that in mind. i went to a friends wedding couple weeks ago and was in a hotel room for a weekend with someone who was diagnosed w/ h1n1 the next monday, yet none of the others who stayed with us got it...so, don't freak out. the flu is the flu

Pig Flew

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    yeah my temp was at 103.4 went took it . When they took my blood pressure they couldnt get a accurate reading cause I was shakin so bad. This really sucks. I got 4 differnent meds to take and I can go back to work till the fever is gone. So I guess I am stuck home til it does.
    The more you fight it the more it kicks your a**... I knew I was comming down with it in september and so I ignored it (like i a good little workaholic). BAD MOVE. I ended up on bed rest, with a 105 temp (while on tylenol) and seeing stuff.

Hallucinating aside tho, its a little over rated. I mean the fever is the only bad part.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Blonde 25-6-4 View Post
    The more you fight it the more it kicks your a**... I knew I was comming down with it in september and so I ignored it (like i a good little workaholic). BAD MOVE. I ended up on bed rest, with a 105 temp (while on tylenol) and seeing stuff.

Hallucinating aside tho, its a little over rated. I mean the fever is the only bad part.
    Yeah I started coming down with it on Tuesay evening. I woke up at like 4am on Thurday feeling like a Mack truck hit me . I forced myself to work cause the other guy I work with took off cause his kids were sick . So after work I drove myself to Cape Urgent Care where I was tested for h1n1 and came back postive. Today the shakes are less and the hot and cold spell are few between and my fever has gone down alot . Work told me they dont wanna see me till 24 hours after my fever has broken

Images
    Does anyone know if swine flu can warrant short-term disability?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Does anyone know if swine flu can warrant short-term disability?
    If your out 7 days of longer you can collect unemployment for the days you were sick and out of work . That how NJ does it

Images
    If your out 7 days of longer you can collect unemployment for the days you were sick and out of work . That how NJ does it
    Thanks. I'm obviously hoping to avoid the virus, but if I get sick I won't have the time off until 01/01/10. I wouldn't want to get canned for being sick!

There is a really easy homeopathic way to break the fever... I can imagine you are sick of it.

1. Heat your feet up, like either get under the covers or put your feet in really really hot water.
    2. put a ice cold compress on your forehead
    3. sweat it out, drink fluids

basically when I get sick I allways do like a deep detox and it allways seems to kick the buggers butt.

Works for me. But I allways have some one watch me to make sure that i dont like pass out.

Images
    Actually Obama made a gave a press conference about swine flu asking employers to be leanient on its workers if they get the Virus. If you did lose your job cause of missing work cause of swine flu . You would have a pretty good payday coming to you

Images
    Actually Obama made a gave a press conference about swine flu asking employers to be leanient on its workers if they get the Virus. If you did lose your job cause of missing work cause of swine flu . You would have a pretty good payday coming to you
    Cool, that's comforting. The Dept of Labor has been keeping its eye on my company anyway, so I don't think they'd do anything stupid.

Do you know anyone who has it???
    And that dude was saying about how many threads you were leaving.No wonder man you cant leave your house.Now it makes some sense.Get well brother.