LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey sarasota/lee county people

what spots can hold swell larger than head/o-head? i'm new down here and i'm trying to figure out where to look at next week if that groundswell fills in.

if a solid groundswell does reach the gulf from the south there are plenty of beaches that can hold overhead surf. the gulf has a lot more nooks and crannies than the east coast that favor long period energy. best bet is to look for a spot north of charlotte harbor up to bradenton. i am sure you will be able to find something. google earth.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    what spots can hold swell larger than head/o-head? i'm new down here and i'm trying to figure out where to look at next week if that groundswell fills in.

There are lots of great spots in your area. But since you hate longboarders, and I'm a longboarder, figure it our yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    Patagonia holds a nice OH swell

i just hate monmouth county longboarders. people down here are pretty mellow.

it looks like i'm gonna be up in venice tuesday when it looks like it's gonna be good so i'm gonna hit up casey key. haven't had a session there yet. i've had a couple of fun sessions on manasota key lately.

RobbWillow Guest
    I need some 420 friendly friends, Fl is cool, could be better if i knew the right peeps, yea that swell should be fun, imma hit up AMI it should be goin off

in need of surf buddies

hey im a cape chick just beginning surfing...dont have anyone to go out here with and surf my longboard with and tuesday looks good hit me up! im in venice area

Images

in bradenton

im in bradenton and havent been down to the jettys yet as i hear they get real busy and probrally not the best place for a beginner. ive been going to couqina beach to learn. lots of space there and not alot of people even on a busy day. ill be there on tuesday. last time the waves were good there were about 10 long boarders out in a 500 yd span. it was really inviting. if yor looking for "the scene" the jettys are where to go if your looking to learn theres lots of space and steer clear of the jettys

Images

bradenton right

Quote Originally Posted by RobbWillow View Post
    I need some 420 friendly friends, Fl is cool, could be better if i knew the right peeps, yea that swell should be fun, imma hit up AMI it should be goin off
    oh yeah im dewfinitely friendly with all that numerical code talk jazz. i gotta take my baby and wife to the airport tues morning in tampa and then ill be back down if ya wanna cough.......... i mean surf!

well if you really hate longboarders your gonna hate surfing the jetties. everyone who really surfs there knows each other and any outsiders are quickly identified. it gets agro when the swell is good, cause it only happens once a year if that. plenty of other places are gonna be good also so you might as well find your own little nook especially if you are a beginner. a lot of people have put in a lot of time surfing out there so they can score once in a while so if you arent one of those people then stay away!!!