LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RobbWillow Guest
    Well yes if u are an outsider u r quickly identified, but no worries, lol....not really i mean its gets so bad there at the jettys that the swell sumtimes wont even hold there, as for venice, Funk venice it suck, it u r a real local you know where to go, and if you actually know how to surf u are welcomed with open arms, but u ding my board or any of my boy's boards, prepare for a scene outta point break, no lie, we dont play here, for i am the ANGRY HIPPY, and yes i'll PM u my # dude and we will chill....WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME *****ES, NOW GET READY TO DIE!!!!!!...........Willow, The Angry Hippy

wow localism down here is pretty weak. i'm not a beginer by any means. i've been sponging for 15 years all over the east and west coast of the US.

i'm going to avoid the jetty as it seems like there are far more kooks and donkeys on planks then anything i'd like to get down with.

420 kids whats good. any of you sponge? seems like bodyboarders are an endangered species on the suncoast.

any youths out there?

I am staying in Venice for a few months looking to go out longboarding with someone.. have family here but no one my age 22 surf lessons available?

Images

surf buddies

i tried finding a surfing buddy online and came up with shi@! so i went to the beach looking for waves and met surfing buddies. theres lot of nice people (old and young) down at coqina beach, the sucky people stay close to shore and get murdered by whitewater (thats me) and hoot and hollar and the more experienced are out past the pier murdering each others boards. its very fun and u can contact the USF surf club in tampa they come down this way. their like surfers with pocket protectors. very cool......just go to the beach and talk to whoever u like.....free country......and im avaiable for instruction, 20$ 1/2 hr....

I'm pretty sure Coquina is pretty much against surfing, surfboards, thoughts of surfing, and fun. The lifeguards go absolutely crazy if a surfer puts a leg south of 3pier's Southern pier boundary... Seriously, there was an ATV zoomin to get me within 1 minute of paddling around! So where exactly are you surfing? Or do you only go when the lifeguards/surf nazis are gone?

Anyways...I think CB is more suited for Easter celebrations/rival gang shootouts...
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...?storyid=79644
    Should have great turnout this 2010 and it'll be here before you know it, so start gettin ready now! I know my tech9 and bandanna are! Brunch at 10am, easter egg hunt 11(bring da kids!)...Shootin' starts at high noon!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytoobad View Post
    ...and im avaiable for instruction, 20$ 1/2 hr....
    Really? I hope you're not serious... you'll make wayy more "surf buddies" by helping someone out of the appreciation of the sport. Instructions and advice can be just enough to spark a person's interest in something that they could enjoy and pursue for the rest of their lives and I'd thank every single person that ever helped along da way. Any form of encouragement, advice on ridin, where to go, when to go, every hoot, smile all contributed to my current enjoyment and desire to surf. All noob haters, localismists, and hotshot egotists even fueled my desire to surf better and show all of em you can do it w/out being a D**k. Some people aren't in the position to even rent a board, yet alone pay for advice and 30 minutes is about enough time for a beginner to set a 1/2hr goal only to fail and have wasted $20.00. My advice; don't charge. You will make a lot of new friends while still getting to surf. You can't ride all your boards at once anyways.

Images

nah just kidding

I was making a sort of joke. I cant really surf thats why its funny to me. that i would be an instructor? Ive goten so much advice from kids down at coquina. ive talked with lots of people, some you get the feeling they are thinkin "get the F@ck outta here" and you move on, and lo and behold there is a crew of kids all tooo eager to give advice, really it is a good thing. Im not in to drama or the whole surf scene and old skoolers. I skateboarded and snowboarded for over 20 yrs, and I was mean growing up and feel bad now......I know how it is to feel your sport is getting invaded by weekend warriors.
    I have still yet to see a life guard at coquina but i believe they are out there... ill be in the water at coquina meeting people and trying to surf. i gots the fish board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbWillow View Post
    Well yes if u are an outsider u r quickly identified, but no worries, lol....not really i mean its gets so bad there at the jettys that the swell sumtimes wont even hold there, as for venice, Funk venice it suck, it u r a real local you know where to go, and if you actually know how to surf u are welcomed with open arms, but u ding my board or any of my boy's boards, prepare for a scene outta point break, no lie, we dont play here, for i am the ANGRY HIPPY, and yes i'll PM u my # dude and we will chill....WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME *****ES, NOW GET READY TO DIE!!!!!!...........Willow, The Angry Hippy