LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: travel bags

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper4184 View Post
    don't listen to this guy...my tuflite got f*cked up by the bastards at American Airlines while wrapped in bubble wrap and a towel. I had 2 boards with broken noses and bad dings on the rails towards the bottom , try to avoid any connect flights and fly direct. Luckily i had a direct flight on the way to the virgin islands and they arrived safely, on the way back i had a connect flight in Miami and I'm pretty sure that's how they got banged up.
    damn, that sucks..... So i guss i will get a travel bag and still bubble wrap it, and both flights will have 1 stop... i really hope my board(s) will be okay, i do not want 2 weeks of no surf with awesome waves

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    well im goin to costa or mexico so no suit needed ....... but did they say anything about the bodyboard?
    That might depend upon the airline and their checked baggage policies.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    That might depend upon the airline and their checked baggage policies.
    99% chance that its goin to be mexicana, they charge 60$ each way, thats pretty cheap too, other flights are like 125

Images
    well, your boards can never be too protected.

Have you guys looked into AirBag. They say the bags are indestructible. They were advertising on Swellinfo a couple months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    well, your boards can never be too protected.

Have you guys looked into AirBag. They say the bags are indestructible. They were advertising on Swellinfo a couple months back.
    has anyone ever tried one of these? they look good to me but ive learned never to believe people advertising for their own product

Quote Originally Posted by NJg00fyguy View Post
    has anyone ever tried one of these? they look good to me but ive learned never to believe people advertising for their own product
    A guy I know just went on a trip, not sure where, and he used one. No problems at all and they look real cool, might pick one up myself.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJg00fyguy View Post
    check out the videos on the airbag site. They try their best to destruct the boards in the bag.

Images
    i was actually looking at the bag, but its too big and pretty expensive. Its like 150$ and 6'6 the smallest size. i ride a 5'9's and one 6'0.

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i was actually looking at the bag, but its too big and pretty expensive. Its like 150$ and 6'6 the smallest size. i ride a 5'9's and one 6'0.
    I am pretty sure the air fills on around it so there isn't a problem if its too small

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VAsurfer604 View Post
    I am pretty sure the air fills on around it so there isn't a problem if its too small
    ya, maybe i could find one later on in a surfshop and see what its like...