LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    wind flow from high to low pressure so if the low is to our south then thats why we have north winds and north swell
    typically after systems pass off our coast the swell swings around as the low moves off to the NE. Thats why we have south swells following hurricanes and such

Images
    There so many models and if you look at the hurricane tab at the top you can click on ida and display the forecast models. none of those models have any consistancy. Consistant models = better chance of predictability....The models have the storm going every direction so like everyone said it is really hard to tell

hahahahahahahahahahahaha yeah seriously, you really think this is going to happen ahahhahahahahahaha

Images
    https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/efs/ww3_global_sw12_all.html

looks like something is coming up the coast and will meet Ida and then develop into a noreaster? Anyway, I've never seen the fnmoc look that big for that long.

Images
    these reports alays start ou t real big but usally end up head to a little bit ova head. even now its been going down. i checked the repots yesterday an it said 21ft its already down to 18 i think. so we'll see what happens.

Images
    If Ida's forcasts are true, and do happen, there will be a 20 ft wave out at the delaware bay bouy. Also Victory at sea conditions. Most beaches will be seeing overhead+ washed out conditions as far as the eye can see East. The conditions all depend on what direction your local beach faces to hold that NE Wind.

Images
    there is a disturbance coming from the west that is supposed to enhance the effects of ida for the next 24hours. then high pressure sitting off the coast of south carolina will try and shear apart whats left of the low but depending on the 3rd element coming from the north west conditions for a "Perfect Storm"
    could present themselves....
    It does not look like this will happen and it looks more like we will be having victory at sea like cleanandgreen says with strong NE winds...choose your spot wisely

hope it turns into something at least overhead...

Dude,i dont think this is from ida at all. It is an open ocean low that develops. Look at the hurricane wave model. Ida will prob die out over florida.

Either way well get some waves. Itll be good whenever the wind switches.

The map shows a huge ass fetch pointin right at us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    Dude,i dont think this is from ida at all. It is an open ocean low that develops. Look at the hurricane wave model. Ida will prob die out over florida.

Either way well get some waves. Itll be good whenever the wind switches.

The map shows a huge ass fetch pointin right at us.
    thats exactly what ive been thinking. if florida is south of us and ida is coming from the south, then why isnt the wave map reading sse/s long period swell. i think its a big low pressure system mixing with some good sized swell. i doubt it will be anything like Bill though with 6-10 foot closeouts

Images
    you guys are sadly mistaken.....do some research on weather models ive already posted the link in this thread.....maybe an administator can enlighten us on what the swell is coming from but its def ida boys