LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Just by a Cooperfish and be done with it . Spend the 700-1500 for a new longboard that are probally the best longboards made

Cooperfish are more like $2000 Having ridden some, they are not for everybody and don't magically make you a great noserider. Overall I found them just hard to ride, even more than my heavy 9'10" 1963 D-fin Pig. Of course, some people ride them great.

This board is like $1000 new going for $600:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/spo/1465107511.html

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 9ten View Post
    Cooperfish are more like $2000 Having ridden some, they are not for everybody and don't magically make you a great noserider. Overall I found them just hard to ride, even more than my heavy 9'10" 1963 D-fin Pig. Of course, some people ride them great.

This board is like $1000 new going for $600:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/spo/1465107511.html

Yeah a board Shaped by Gene will run you that much . You can get a Coop designs for that price which is a cooperfish but its plain jane , no acid splash or anything fancy. Same glassing and shape but a bit more plan

I wish I still had my 10'0 mello yellow. I loved that board and it perfomed well in all size surf. But hey when your outa work you gotta pay the bills some how. Still debating if I am gonna order another Coop or another Brian Wynn. Gotta wait til income tax time and redo my bathroom that I have been promising the wife for over a year now before I can order another board.

But yeah Coops have there little knack to be ridden dependin on how the board was glassed and shaped. It took me a good cpl of session to wire the Mellow yellow . After that the weight didnt bother me . I actually perfer and heavy board now , I do alot of foot work and I guess you could call me a Retro style longboader so I prefer that type of longboard

Images

Noseriding

6', 190 looking at a 9'6" board sounds like you're oversizing things a bit. While length matters (in any number of ways) noseriding is more about bottom shape and outline than it is just size. It also depends upon how much time you actually want to spend on the nose, and of course how much that nose time slows you down on the wave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    6', 190 looking at a 9'6" board sounds like you're oversizing things a bit. While length matters (in any number of ways) noseriding is more about bottom shape and outline than it is just size. It also depends upon how much time you actually want to spend on the nose, and of course how much that nose time slows you down on the wave.

Not really over sizing I am 6ft 175 and I have ridden longobards from 9'0 to 10'0 . I find the wider board with not a lot to no rocker noes rides very well . With the right size and style fin you can spend a decent amount of time out on the nose before you start to slow down and have to step back or stall on the tail to get the board back in postion to build your speed back up