LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

911 - Never forget

Everyone take a moment today to remember the Americans that lost their lives on this date and be thankful for the freedom we all share. God bless America and our troops. Have a great weekend everyone!

Images
    far to hard to forget

I was fresh out of high school and working a boring job while waiting to start college. After Sept 11 2001 i quit my job and joined the Army Sept 12 2001. Ive been serving ever since i've had the pleasure of serving overseas while defending this great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by 843surfer View Post
    I was fresh out of high school and working a boring job while waiting to start college. After Sept 11 2001 i quit my job and joined the Army Sept 12 2001. Ive been serving ever since i've had the pleasure of serving overseas while defending this great nation.
    thats ****ing awesome man. i can barely begin to describe how thankful that i am to be living in a free country like America. being born and having lived in the former soviet union, life was pretty miserable compared to here. thanks for all that you do. hope that you're getting some time to surf.

thank you for your service, we all appreciate the freedom you have helped defend.

What a terrible and emotional time that was - seeing two burning streams of smoke from the towers while surfing and not knowing what was going on. Terrible.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who serve, and those who lost their lives defending America and supporting democracy and freedom

No need to thank me. Just doing my job lol.The army is the reason i began to surf. Uncle Sam sent me down to Hawaii for a couple of months and i got hooked. I've been lucky. Ive been stationed in Savannah and now In Fayetteville, NC. I've been relatively close to surf my whole career, but my time is up in the Army and im getting out in Jan to continue my education at UNCW and it doesnt hurt that the beach is right there

No need to thank me. Just doing my job lol.The army is the reason i began to surf. Uncle Sam sent me down to Hawaii for a couple of months and i got hooked. I've been lucky. Ive been stationed in Savannah and now In Fayetteville, NC. I've been relatively close to surf my whole career, but my time is up in the Army and im getting out in Jan to continue my education at UNCW and it doesnt hurt that the beach is right there
    youre a hero to me buddy and my family. Thanks. where in Hawaii were u? i was on Oahu for several years and actually went to school in savannah. Two total different places,huh? I did surf some big hurricane swell a few times at tybee and saw countless waves in Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by cricha View Post
    youre a hero to me buddy and my family. Thanks. where in Hawaii were u? i was on Oahu for several years and actually went to school in savannah. Two total different places,huh? I did surf some big hurricane swell a few times at tybee and saw countless waves in Hi.
    Thanks bro. I was in Schofield Barracks. What school did you go to in Savannah? Was it SCAD, Savannah St or Armstrong? Tybee gets good waves sometimes, but it looks like a washing machine out there most of the time.

Images
    and don't forget this, either:
    Control freaks will dine on this day for the rest of our lives. Within a few hours, we will see beginning the most vigorous efforts to end what remains of freedom in America. Those of who are willing to sacrifice a little - largely illusory - safety in order to maintain our faith in the original ideals of America will have to fight for those ideals just as vigorously.
    John Perry Barlow, 9/11/01 (via Boing Boing)

the service is definitely not for me but I'm thankful for the guys and gals that have joined though.