LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Trailer hitch for Jeep

I have a 96 jeep cherokee sport and a boat im trying to get in the water. Trouble is the damn sports dont have hitches installed on them. Ive been looking at junkyards and craigslist but no luck yet. anyone got any suggestions as to where to get one or who will install them with the electrical components also. Im trying to take a boat trip to an undisclosed location.....any help may be rewarded with a spot on the boat for our trip

check for a HiddenHitch on quadratec.com. i have one on my wrangler and it's sweet.

yeah quadratec.com is awesome... i bought a hitch for my wrangler that simply bolted right onto the frame, don't know about finding one in a junkyard though.

As for wiring it up, they will try to get you to buy a wiring harness that simply plugs into your car's wiring (they are like 40 bucks)...Thats the easy way.... but if you have a repair manual or something similar that shows the wiring diagrams, its not too difficult to just splice into the existing wiring and run a 4-pin trailer plug out the back (this option is like 5 bucks).

quadratec also sells harnesses and it's a pretty easy DIY job.

Images
    Yeah Get a Class 5 hitch too . The more tounge weight the hitch is rated the better off you will far as handling and braking. They make wiring kit vehical spefic and it baicle plug and play not wire splicing or anything. What size boat you gonna haul how may axle trailer is it gonna be??? If your trialer is a dual axle tralier or more make you you have a trialer brake modual installed as well. If you have a truck accessory shop in your area or a place that sells trailers most like they can install your hitch for you for a reasonable price