LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 23ft

This kid i know thinks he's sailing from monmouth county to delaware tomorrow morning, and this noreaster isn't going to stop him. i told him we'll be reading about him in the newspaper.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    This kid i know thinks he's sailing from monmouth county to delaware tomorrow morning, and this noreaster isn't going to stop him. i told him we'll be reading about him in the newspaper.
    hmmm.... doesn't sound like the best idea I've heard of. Is it even possible to sail in winds this hard?

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    hmmm.... doesn't sound like the best idea I've heard of. Is it even possible to sail in winds this hard?

hah it'd be like a speedboat with the NE winds. he'd make it (granted no tragedies) in like 20 minutes hahah

man i can tell we are gonna get reimbursed for the few hurricanes we got with these great swells. gear up boys!

Guys is the buoy down or something???

yeah it's not reporting wave height just wind speed and temp

just something that i realized with all this talk about dunes being gone is submerged obstacles now.... this storm is washing in a ridiculous amount of debris into the water as well as stuff that was too heavy to be washed up before. i wouldnt be surprised if there is a new pirate ship washed up after this.

just be super careful that you dont get impaled by dune fencing or boardwalk when this mess finally works for us.

yea as the balls of fence got washed out from infront of my house at seacolony tonight I was def thinking that.

in 20mins my buddy and i watched about a 25ft railing with fencing around the dunes at 145th st ocmd get ripped away. i havent seen such damage in a very long time. buoy is over 25ft!!!!!!!

last year on labor day weekend, after a head high tropical swell the hull of a shipwreck from 1850 washed up on the beach i was sittign, 45th street. crazy.

i'm definitely with you guys on being sketched out by flotsam and jetsam. nothing like duck diving into a 2 ton plank of wood >.< or wiping out onto some **** like that.

and water quality...there's a lot of runoff from the land for this one.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    ...the hull of a shipwreck from 1850 washed up on the beach i was sitting, 45th street. crazy.
    I was there!