LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 23ft

Well so far infront of the nine buildings here we lost at least 7/8s of the snow fence and that is so far before the next tide.

Images
    This is the link to the DELDOT cams located just North of IRI inlet & facing south towards the bridge. It shows right now where the crews are working on the dunes/beach where the ocean broke thru & onto RT 1.

http://www.deldot.gov/public.ejs?com...nnectType=http

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    I was there!

awesome man!! i was the guard attempting to help lift it out of the water at first, before the guy on the quad got there. we almost had it...then realized it was a giant L shape and probably at least 2 tons (4ooo pounds). we had been trying to lift the small part of the L haha, that thing was ridiculously heavy.

oh dang and it's seared into my memory - there was this incredible girl spectating, she had the most amazing curves i had seen all summer, and i see a lot of sexy girls from may-october, so that's saying something! i have a mental polaroid of her gorgeous body seared into my memory. hot damn!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    This is the link to the DELDOT cams located just North of IRI inlet & facing south towards the bridge. It shows right now where the crews are working on the dunes/beach where the ocean broke thru & onto RT 1.

http://www.deldot.gov/public.ejs?com...nnectType=http
    Looked like this north of the inlet looking toward the bridge:

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post

Wow. No dunes, that is going to take years to get back to where they were.

The storm, brought on in part by the remnants of Tropical Storm Ida, caused a record-setting wave - 26.7 feet high - in the Atlantic Ocean, according to the National Weather Service. The wave was recorded at a buoy 26 miles southeast of Cape May.
    from app.com

wow that's terrible that's practically another inlet

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    oh dang and it's seared into my memory - there was this incredible girl spectating, she had the most amazing curves i had seen all summer, and i see a lot of sexy girls from may-october, so that's saying something! i have a mental polaroid of her gorgeous body seared into my memory. hot damn!
    DUDE! I remember that girl CLEARLY! SHe was soooo fukkin hot it was unreal! Looked like she was with her dad or something hahah yea man thank god for dark shades I kept them on for sure! Hahaha I can't believe you remember her as well that's too funny! Yea I worked the beach stand on 38th that summer and always hung out with Tommy who guarded that st. Saw a bunch of people gathering around the surf so I had to investigate it. I was just messing with people yelling, "Looks like a dang pirate ship!" Some dude gets all serious and says, "Noo, that's a old roman ship! Look at the markings." Hahaha too funny! Right on bruddah!

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    DUDE! I remember that girl CLEARLY! SHe was soooo fukkin hot it was unreal! Looked like she was with her dad or something hahah yea man thank god for dark shades I kept them on for sure! Hahaha I can't believe you remember her as well that's too funny! Yea I worked the beach stand on 38th that summer and always hung out with Tommy who guarded that st. Saw a bunch of people gathering around the surf so I had to investigate it. I was just messing with people yelling, "Looks like a dang pirate ship!" Some dude gets all serious and says, "Noo, that's a old roman ship! Look at the markings." Hahaha too funny! Right on bruddah!
    ahahhaha! im so glad you remember that, damn!! it's inspiration to never let a beautiful girl like that get away without me getting her number again. it could have been a match made in heaven. sigh. hahahaha

ya man, i work castle in the sand (37th st) over the summer, just south of tommy, he's my crew chief. they call me skittles - by labor day weekend we were in fall stands, so i sat 43 and 45 for most of september. but that's cool, cuz i got to watch stoehr board a bunch of days on 43, he kills it. and one day he was out there with jeff hubbard too. sick stuff.

there were definitely some hardcore guys out there when that thing washed up, at first i was saying it was just a telephone pole or a washed up piece of an old pier, but then i saw those roman numerals and changed my mind. pretty cool, and small world. you made my night by also remembering that chick, epic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post

Sick pics Mitchell, I saw that & the other pic you posted on delsurf.com.
    Do you have access to get where the roads were closed or did they open Rt 1 back up?

Here are some pics I took today @ low tide in Bethany.