LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NY Surfer Drowns

Anyone see this? I heard his leash got tangled on the jetty.... that's a shame. thoughts go out to friends and family.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rs_effort.html

Images
    I heard about this on WFAN. It obviously sucks, but as someone in the article says - if you can't handle it, don't paddle out. One of the most important things to learn in surfing is when to sit it out. We've all made this mistake before and lived to learn from it, but I definitely feel bad for his family.

boomer and carton!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    boomer and carton!
    Bingooo!

Images
    why even paddle out...the ocean was a mess

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beaner View Post
    Yeah and its not like he was Bodhi running from special agent Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by beaner View Post
    it was in rockaway, which is more south facing, maybe they had sideshore/semi-clean conditions with the NE wind.

that's gotta suck to get tangled up in your leash against rocks/pier and not be able to get it off. tragic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Yeah and its not like he was Bodhi running from special agent Utah.
    well played...and i thought the wind was more ENE yesterday...whatever. Still sad.

That's ashame, any time the ocean takes one...it demands respect...the whole leash thing getting stuck on the rock...that really sucks, that's some unlucky ****, or being way too close to the rocks, never surfed there, so don't know the place

Northender Guest
    wierd, just the other day i was surfing my home break in vb, it was only chest high and i drifted over a bouy that was put there and never taken out when the were building a pier three streets down. any way i drifted over it and my leash got wrapped around it. and a set of waves come and i was forced to go under. Luckily the set passed and i was able to take off my to get away. But it doesnt have to be a big day for a freak inncident to take your life.