LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    His leash got tangled on the pilings going out in the water that are hard to see at high tide. From what I hear he was not surfing long maybe a cpl of months.
    He leaves behind a 10 month old child ,this is truly sad and is a real wake up call . If you not comforatable in you surfing , paddling, or swiming ability or you have a bad feeling before you paddle out . Sometimes it best to
    In all good fun I know alot of us poke at each other and what not on our surfing abitly or about getting droped in on ect. A situation like this is a reason why it better to educate rather and attack new comers to the surfing culture.

MY DEEPEST REGUARDS AND CONDOLNCES GO TO HIS FAMILY

I belive they they are taking dontaions to give to his family on www.nynjsurf.com

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    it was in rockaway, which is more south facing, maybe they had sideshore/semi-clean conditions with the NE wind.

that's gotta suck to get tangled up in your leash against rocks/pier and not be able to get it off. tragic.
    thats why its very important to know how to take off your leash when in a nasty situation. i remember when i was learning to surf about 3 years ago the guy teaching me he was basically teaching me when we were waiting how to get the leash off if it does get stuck on something. finally if your being held under you need to know how to use the leash to get to the surface. but defiently a very tragic moment.