LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CA is for pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Just curious from N.J.,Whats the coldest you have surfed in Cali and what do you guys consider cold. ?
    Im from Red Bank bud. Moved to CA in early 08'

Air temps get close to 35 with wind chills, thats Jan through late Feb water temps aren't that cold, coldest I have felt here so far in 2 years is 49. Cold yes but not too bad comparatively speaking,

As far as what I consider cold? An early February day after a big noreaster in NJ, air temps 28 degrees 15-20 mph offshores, water temps 38 degrees and a dumping of snow on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by DKMBPIT View Post
    Im from Red Bank bud. Moved to CA in early 08'

Air temps get close to 35 with wind chills, thats Jan through late Feb water temps aren't that cold, coldest I have felt here so far in 2 years is 49. Cold yes but not too bad comparatively speaking,

As far as what I consider cold? An early February day after a big noreaster in NJ, air temps 28 degrees 15-20 mph offshores, water temps 38 degrees and a dumping of snow on the beach.
    Live just south of Red Bank in Tinton falls,Worked in Red Bank for years .Its funny how other people in other places think their water is cold.Just got back from Bermuda and they think 66 is cold.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Just curious from N.J.,Whats the coldest you have surfed in Cali and what do you guys consider cold. ?
    Low 50's in southern California during the winter

Cold water

I have been surginf in water with a temperature under 10 degrees and I thought I was going to freeze and become an icecube.
    I prefer warm water. I guess I need to practice more...

Quote Originally Posted by jason_surf View Post
    I have been surginf in water with a temperature under 10 degrees and I thought I was going to freeze and become an icecube.
    I prefer warm water. I guess I need to practice more...
    Bull****.... you would have to go to antartica for 10degree water. And in that kind of water i doubt even a 6/5 would keep you alive for very long.

Images
    you would have to go to antartica for 10degree water.
    10 degree water is ice. Even in Antarctica the water barely drops below 32 haha