LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

How far do you get in a 3/2?

At what point / temp in the year is it just not warm enough? I'm talking with or without an extra layer underneath.

iunno I am still in one and wore boots for the first time yesterday.

i have gone through out the winter in one before.. but i dont recomend it..

Right about now. I usually transition between Halloween and T-giving depending on water temps.

Images
    I'm trying to get to January with mine including one, possibly two, layers underneath. My boots and gloves are 3mm, but I'm not as concerned there. I don't think I'll make it past like 50F this way, but I can't afford anything thicker right now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I don't think I'll make it past like 50F this way
    I don't think you will either. Why not just get a used suit for the season?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    At what point / temp in the year is it just not warm enough? I'm talking with or without an extra layer underneath.
    last year, i went the whole winter with a 3/2. i also had a hole in my knee until febuary.

Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    last year, i went the whole winter with a 3/2. i also had a hole in my knee until febuary.

straight thru the winter? even when the water is down in the thirties? i cant imagine being very warm when the water and air are that cold.

nothing on underneath?

I know a few hardy individuals that use no more then 4/3's the whole way through,..And I have known of one or two that would layer a 3/2 with other pieces.

However, if you think it is wise to try and use a 3/2 when the water drops below 52? degrees,....you may regret it later in life.

I do not really believe some of the claims made about 3/2 use only,<<<< throughout the whole winter. I would consider that dangerous to your health,>>> bad for your joints,>>> nerves, I would argue that you are actually lowering your core temp far lower then what would be considered wise.

Don't be dumb,..just get a 4/3 or better to ensure your are protected against the cold.

The sad part about this thread is how many pages it has turned into and how many views it has received, and here I am added to the madness.

catch a clue...people.......... this forum is turning to weak knee dribble. If you have got to ask how long/far you get in a 3/2, please surf away from everyone else since you know little more then nothing about anything surf related.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    catch a clue...people.......... this forum is turning to weak knee dribble. If you have got to ask how long/far you get in a 3/2, please surf away from everyone else since you know little more then nothing about anything surf related.
    Yeah you're right, I've only been surfing for about 17 years but what do I know. Give me a break man, you're on an internet forum about surfing. As far as I can tell, the forums are for sharing knowledge. If you're going to be a holier-than-thou hater, log off and go back to your glass house.
    Last edited by stoneybaloney; Nov 24, 2009 at 03:24 PM.