LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Images
    i usually wear a 4/3 until april and then get in my 3/2 mid may. hood depending on air temp

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
    i usually wear a 4/3 until april and then get in my 3/2 mid may. hood depending on air temp

yea im trying to get away with only buying one suit, i live pretty far from the beach so i dont get to surf as much as i would like.

i think im gunna go with the 4/3, i would rather be a little warm then cold, obviously.

is there a noticeable difference in how well you can move with the extra rubber, obviously less is better, but i wont feel held down with the extra thickness will i?

Quote Originally Posted by mike hunt View Post
    how about in the spring? what kinda suit you guys wear when the air temps start getting warmer but waters still pretty cold.

i need a new suit and im debating between a 4/3 and a 3/2. i dont surf at all in the winter (snowboarding time ) so i really only wear the suit in the fall and spring.
    I'd go with the 4/3.Last year I surfed in the low 40's(ocean temp)with mine and you can still use it in March, April and May as well.I feel the 4/3 gives you the most flexability.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
    Im taking about the rechargable heat vest that quicksilver just came out with...
    http://wetsuits.quiksilver.com/#/heat-vest/

I just bought one of the xcel 3/2 x-zips for $156 on whiskey militia. Anyone have one or know if they are a good 3/2?
    i looked pretty extensively into the heat vest by Quiksilver & i have yet to find one for less than $200. I think it's a great idea,but if your on a small budget,that a purchase best left to another time when cash-flow is better.i think once you do have one,you could make a 3/2 go alot farther. they have batteries that you can recharge at home or in your car & it provides 2 hours worth of thermal heat for your session.

quicksilver heated vest

I was looking at some of these online after you guys had mentioned them and pretty much every site is sold out or only has them in xxl size. They must be pretty good if they're selling that quick! Are there any shops in NJ that might be selling them?

Images
    I am not to sold on the heated vests. If it only last for 2 hours that really not good well for at least me . They look like with a 3/2 and a vest on it would be a bit bulky feeling in the arm pit area. Just stick to what works a wetsuit 4/3 for thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I am not to sold on the heated vests. If it only last for 2 hours that really not good well for at least me . They look like with a 3/2 and a vest on it would be a bit bulky feeling in the arm pit area. Just stick to what works a wetsuit 4/3 for thicker.
    they say to only keep it on while your cold... once you warm up just turn it off and keep doing that

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcurl058 View Post
    they say to only keep it on while your cold... once you warm up just turn it off and keep doing that

Yeah but in reality who is gonna do that. Turn it on to get warm then turn it off . Most will keep it on . Its a new product so I guess they are working on something to make it last longer in the future

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcurl058 View Post
    i don't know that you can do that.from what i saw when i looked into it,you charge the vest up,put it on & the heat comes once you set the temp.i believe it has a high & low setting.i don't know that you could reach some switch & turn it off.it didn't say on quiksilver's sight that that was an option.it kinda seemed like once it was on,you get 2 hours of high or low heat.even if they did have a switch in there,they'd have to do an awsome job making it easy to manipulate or else you'd end up just going higher or lower instead of off

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    At what point / temp in the year is it just not warm enough? I'm talking with or without an extra layer underneath.
    last year, i went the whole winter with a 3/2. i also had a hole in my knee until febuary.