LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyboarddude View Post
    i don't know that you can do that.from what i saw when i looked into it,you charge the vest up,put it on & the heat comes once you set the temp.i believe it has a high & low setting.i don't know that you could reach some switch & turn it off.it didn't say on quiksilver's sight that that was an option.it kinda seemed like once it was on,you get 2 hours of high or low heat.even if they did have a switch in there,they'd have to do an awsome job making it easy to manipulate or else you'd end up just going higher or lower instead of off
    http://www.surfline.com/gear/fieldte...it-vest_31835/

    about the 11th paragraph down...

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oceanview,delaware
    Posts
    146

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcurl058 View Post
    i wonder how you adjust the temp or turn it off if it's under your wetsuit.the article didn't really go into the details.is it some kind of low-profile switch-deal that you can adjust easily even if it's under your suit?

  3. #43
    you just hold down the button for however many seconds

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    oceanview,delaware
    Posts
    146

    Smile

    ahh,i see. that would be easiest way to do it while it's under your wetsuit.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty jersey
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    last year, i went the whole winter with a 3/2. i also had a hole in my knee until febuary.

    straight thru the winter? even when the water is down in the thirties? i cant imagine being very warm when the water and air are that cold.


    nothing on underneath?

  6. #46
    I know a few hardy individuals that use no more then 4/3's the whole way through,..And I have known of one or two that would layer a 3/2 with other pieces.

    However, if you think it is wise to try and use a 3/2 when the water drops below 52? degrees,....you may regret it later in life.

    I do not really believe some of the claims made about 3/2 use only,<<<< throughout the whole winter. I would consider that dangerous to your health,>>> bad for your joints,>>> nerves, I would argue that you are actually lowering your core temp far lower then what would be considered wise.

    Don't be dumb,..just get a 4/3 or better to ensure your are protected against the cold.

    The sad part about this thread is how many pages it has turned into and how many views it has received, and here I am added to the madness.

    catch a clue...people.......... this forum is turning to weak knee dribble. If you have got to ask how long/far you get in a 3/2, please surf away from everyone else since you know little more then nothing about anything surf related.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    catch a clue...people.......... this forum is turning to weak knee dribble. If you have got to ask how long/far you get in a 3/2, please surf away from everyone else since you know little more then nothing about anything surf related.
    Yeah you're right, I've only been surfing for about 17 years but what do I know. Give me a break man, you're on an internet forum about surfing. As far as I can tell, the forums are for sharing knowledge. If you're going to be a holier-than-thou hater, log off and go back to your glass house.
    Last edited by stoneybaloney; Nov 24, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Yeah you're right, I've only been surfing for about 17 years but what do I know. Give me a break man, you're on an internet forum about surfing. As far as I can tell, the forums are for sharing knowledge. If you're going to be a holier-than-thou hater, log off and go back to your glass house.

    Not trying to piss you off or anything, but xgen's got a point.

    One has to wonder: Been surfing for 17 years, and not sure when it's too cold for a 3/2?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Not trying to piss you off or anything, but xgen's got a point.

    One has to wonder: Been surfing for 17 years, and not sure when it's too cold for a 3/2?
    Its not like I said "Hey guys the water is 53F, how thick should my wetsuit be and what does 3/2 stand for?". My intent was to hear tricks or tips people use to stretch out of their 3/2 season (e.g. the heated vest). I didn't realize every thread had to be revolutionary to the activity of surfing.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    205

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Its not like I said "Hey guys the water is 53F, how thick should my wetsuit be and what does 3/2 stand for?". My intent was to hear tricks or tips people use to stretch out of their 3/2 season (e.g. the heated vest). I didn't realize every thread had to be revolutionary to the activity of surfing.
    I hear ya Stoney,
    I HATE going to the thicker rubber. I stretch my West Lotus 3/2 for as long as I can. Right now I have an 8 oz Hyperflex polyolefin fleece L/S rash guard & shorts on underneath. w/3mm boots, 1.5mm gloves, and no hood - no issues. However, it looks like the hood is coming out this week.

    My next step will be to add my Hyperflex polyolefin fleece full body suit to the mix.

    After that - hopefully Jan - it's 5/4/3 time w/7mm boots & 5mm lobster claw gloves