LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: att swell info

Images

att swell info

hey guys there at swell info where is your bradenton.....holmes beach......anna maria island surf report.....i surfed 3 and 4 ft high waves at the 3 piers section of coquina beach technically in bradenton beach.......where were all the west coast florida surfers......10 seconds is 10 seconds..........yeaaaaah....i must add its nice to have the beach to urself.....surf report ah hem....please 4 bradenton

Was there around 4... called it 1-2 ft w/occ. 3ft wedges. Hit up a little sandbar that gave it a bit more push. Def. not spectacular, but nothing to complain about b/c its better than doing nothing. Early AM tomm have to be out of the water by 8:30 for work.

Images

12:00

i got there at noon and it was 3 or 4 ft max with liitle consistancy and became very disorganized and smaller around 4:00. i wanna go out right now too

RobbWillow Guest

actually

Actually johnny im glad b/c then you dont gotta worry bout people crashin ur spot and kookin out on you....but whatevers u just gotta check urself, its actually a good thing its not up there, in the long run u will relize why.......ANYONE KNOW THE SECRET TYO BEING A PRO SURFER.......YOU GOTTA HAVE A TRUST FUND..LOL

Images

smooth

this am the waves were few but if u were in the right place at the right time u could get a good ride. very glassy and smooth. one other person out there besides me. this pm should be good

Surfed a glassy 5-6 ft barreling pointbreak w/ 82 degree water and 82 degree offshores. No one out but me and it was so easy to get barreled I was literally doin it w/ my eyes closed!!!

Was great until my alarm went off and I had to go to work! Glad you made it out J2B!

Hopefully this next front doesn't get all Northy on us and blow by...PM me tho if you wanna meet up and help find the best break.

Images

im jealous

sounds like you had a good am. WHERES THAT SPOT! jk im a newb at this but def am gettin the hang of it. i ride a 6'8 fish board. really only caught 1 wave this am but i was out ahead of the soup and was up on two feet, and it lasted 8 seconds lol. just beautiful out there and warm. (i dont have wet suit yet) so im down with gettin out.....i take care of my 2 yr old 5 days a week so i dont get many days to ride. im (pardon the cliche) "stoked" to be catching on.....ive had alot of people tell me id get frustrsted. too much skating in my background, to get frustrayed learning how to surf.......timing and the pop up are def two things to be good at and familiar with........ok nuff with the begginer bullsh@t....GET RIDING

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytoobad View Post
    im (pardon the cliche) "stoked"
    Only the word may be cliche...the feeling is yours and that's what its all about!!! Angry surfers forget what it can do for a person and don't realize they demote the sport. If the conditions aren't safe, the angries intimidate ppl out of the water w/ threats or worse where a nice attitude and recommendation of another beach more suited to their needs sends them eagerly to the car. If not, they'll soon realize what a couple launched takeoffs and whitewater blasts will do to them.

A lot of sense can be talked into a 'kook' in less than five minutes with the right demeanor... I've actually made a bunch of people understand basic surf etiquette in between sets and you can see it click for em too. Anyone can get a board and there's no test or surfing license so there's always gonna be some oblivious people that just need some direction.

I'm not tryin to set up a defense counsel for all beginners tho... the oblivious/arrogant newb who goes out with a macho attitude and yells at the water b/c they don't get it is def a barney. They mimic a misinterpreted image of a good/tough surfer, they just can't surf. Usually, nothing can help em and it just takes time before they don't frequent your local spot.

I love to surf and found the stoke is a lot better for everyone if its mutual. Unless you're in a heat, surfing is a recreational sport for fun, fitness, and expression. Competition for waves may happen at the notorious local spots, but if it's goin off, somewhere else has to be almost as good w/ less people. Just takes the right attitude and exploration.

I spent a couple hours at N Jetty for Gustav and shot around the wash to meet someone droppin in. He did a cutback and lost his board when he saw me and it got me bad. Went to the beach bleedin from the scalp only to have this guy come running to punch me??? Got it cleaned and superglued and went to a different beach with walled up barrelin lefts and no one around. No crowd, perfect waves, and loong rides was the best day I've ever had here. Bypassed the jetty for Ike and scored again, empty beach perfect waves. Took a friend who turned into an excited teenage girl and couldn't stop smiling. I like the waves at venice, but sometimes the crowd is only tolerable for about an hour.

Srry for the giant post.... just my take on some problems

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytoobad View Post
    where is your bradenton.....holmes beach......anna maria island surf report.. ..surf report ah hem....please 4 bradenton
    Where's T.D. been??? Wonder if he left for P.R.?

Fun waves this evening!