LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    that being said, if you're playing together and having fun with your friends, isn't that all that matter? who cares what all the losers on this forum think about your youtube videos. do it to have fun and enjoy yourself, and if you can do that, eventually other people will enjoy it too.

one more observation: this forum is probably the last place I would go to for constructive criticism on anything, period.
    Nope... this place is the worst and last place I'd go for constructive criticism... just give it all a read...

http://www.theb9.com/view-topic/676355

Im still trying to figuire out where this kid is coming up with Hardcore to describe his bands music.

Images
    When did screaming incomprehensibly into a microphone while your buddies beat the sh*t out of the drums in no real organized or musical manner become cool? Screamo, Hardcore, scene, whatever you wanna call it the bottom line is, when you take a step back and actually listen to the "music" it sounds pretty terrible. This is simply my personal opinion and im not speaking specifically about your band. Instead of trying to fit into a certain genre, why not take some time, write some music that sounds good and have people categorize you later. Do you think Metalica was like yeah lets make metal!!!!! No they were just pissed off and it showed in the type of music they made, which in turn practically created a new genre. Be yourself, create your own style and dont try to impress anybody. Mistake number one was asking a internet forum for advise. Of course a bunch of douches behind they're computer screens are gonna flog the sh*t out of whatever you post. Make good music and people will notice.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Surfreports View Post
    Also with the fact that every single minute we aren't studying or surfing, we're jamming and making music instead of wasting our time getting drunk and high. So I'm pretty sure we know whats up.
    Getting drunk and high is not wasting time for one, and two.. what does that even have to do with anything?

As for the music.. Get back to the garage, keep practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by ecoastprock View Post
    When did screaming incomprehensibly into a microphone while your buddies beat the sh*t out of the drums in no real organized or musical manner become cool? Screamo, Hardcore, scene, whatever you wanna call it the bottom line is, when you take a step back and actually listen to the "music" it sounds pretty terrible. This is simply my personal opinion and im not speaking specifically about your band. Instead of trying to fit into a certain genre, why not take some time, write some music that sounds good and have people categorize you later. Do you think Metalica was like yeah lets make metal!!!!! No they were just pissed off and it showed in the type of music they made, which in turn practically created a new genre. Be yourself, create your own style and dont try to impress anybody. Mistake number one was asking a internet forum for advise. Of course a bunch of douches behind they're computer screens are gonna flog the sh*t out of whatever you post. Make good music and people will notice.

Good luck
    what you might think is good music is awful and vice versa

My honest feelings.

-Don't wear tight purple pants and a green t-shirt if you play in a hardcore band and expect to be taken seriously.
    -The Harry Potter looking kid needs a different haircut.
    -It's too bright. Rule # 271 of being in a band -- bring a set of xmas lights, preferably in green. This way you can turn off all the ceiling lights, plug in the xmas lights and backlight the band. Believe it or not, it provides a much more intense atmosphere, and not one that makes you feel like you are sitting in a elementary school classroom.

Good luck.

Images
    With regards to the performance only (because I'm not a fan of the genre); get a better singer, get some stage presence, work on the recording method, keep practicing, don't use half-stacks in small spaces, tell your guitarist to give me his PRS. Cheers!
    Last edited by stoneybaloney; Nov 24, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

Images
    So... which one are you in the band, Surfreports?

2 singers is never good in a band. 2 guitars are better.

You had to bringer the niner into the liquid world.

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    So... which one are you in the band, Surfreports?

2 singers is never good in a band. 2 guitars are better.
    Two guitars aren't always better.

It might not be for everyone, but 311 is quite good and has two vocalists.