LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Talking MTV raises the bar yet again...

Italian group asks MTV to cancel 'Jersey Shore'

FAIRFIELD, N.J. A national Italian-American organization based in New Jersey says an MTV reality show that depicts Italian-American beachgoers as the "hottest, tannest, craziest Guidos" is offensive and should be scrapped before it airs.

UNICO National said Tuesday that "Jersey Shore" relies on crude stereotypes and highlights cursing, bad behavior and violence in depicting renters at a New Jersey beach house.

An MTV promo says the participants "keep their hair high, their muscles juiced and their fists pumping all summer long!"

UNICO President Andre DiMino calls the show "trash television."
    It's scheduled to debut Dec. 3.
    MTV did not immediately return a telephone message seeking comment.

Images
    I can't wait for this show. If we have to put up with these clowns, we should at least be able to get some entertainment out of it. Forget being offensive to Italian-Americans; they're offensive to NJ natives. MTV being asked to cancel this show will only increase the chances of them airing it.

Images
    I think it's ****ing bull**** that where ever you go, and you say you're from NJ, you get stereotyped with those cocksuckers. None of what that is, is NJ. **** THAT!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    I think it's ****ing bull**** that where ever you go, and you say you're from NJ, you get stereotyped with those cocksuckers. None of what that is, is NJ. **** THAT!
    Yeah seriously, I bet none of the people on here from NJ have that accent. These douches are from Staten Island and Bergen County. That's 1 of 21 counties in NJ and the rest of them are from NY!

that show is a joke. "guidos" have nothing to do with the jersey shore. they come from staten island or north jersey to annoy us, cause traffic, and think they own the shore. They dont even live here! its such a disgrace to NJ. the shore is all about the beach towns and the people that live there. the headline should be MTV Benny's: The Goons at the Jersey Shore. In my opinion the jersey shore is all about the beaches, surfing, good food, and being at the boardwalk. not only has MTV misinterpreted the meaning of the jersey shore but it has also created a show that represents nuisance of the jersey shore. i hope this show gets canceled the first day. MTV if your going to represent where i live and what i am proud to be part of do it properly, do some damn research. they could have at least incorporated the two sides of the jersey shore and added some kind of surf community...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by divinesurf View Post
    that show is a joke. "guidos" have nothing to do with the jersey shore. they come from staten island or north jersey to annoy us, cause traffic, and think they own the shore. They dont even live here! its such a disgrace to NJ. the shore is all about the beach towns and the people that live there. the headline should be MTV Benny's: The Goons at the Jersey Shore. In my opinion the jersey shore is all about the beaches, surfing, good food, and being at the boardwalk. not only has MTV misinterpreted the meaning of the jersey shore but it has also created a show that represents nuisance of the jersey shore. i hope this show gets canceled the first day. MTV if your going to represent where i live and what i am proud to be part of do it properly, do some damn research. they could have at least incorporated the two sides of the jersey shore and added some kind of surf community...
    I agree man, but its cheap exploitation - what MTV's known for. Here's an idea for MTV, how about some f*cking music on your channel. Remember those days??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by divinesurf View Post
    I also agree.
    and yeah what happened to music on MTV? all it is now are terrible shows like this.

Images
    bennies go home

Images
    MTV is for kooks. How can anyone watch their programing? It's teeny-bopper TV. Anyone over 18 watching that trash ought to re-examine themselves.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    MTV is for kooks. How can anyone watch their programing? It's teeny-bopper TV. Anyone over 18 watching that trash ought to re-examine themselves.
    haha aint that the truth. every show on mtv is fake shxt.