LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst Swell Summer

and after reading Surfline's "Best Summer Ever" East Coast 1995 article, I'm willing to bet this 2010 is the worst swell season of all-time.

I'm praying the forecasters are right and we do see some serious tropical activity August/September.

You're crazy. There's been plenty more rideable days this summer during june and july than last year.

Images
    yeah, july had some solid daays.

Images
    I saw that article to, that vid at the end was sick!
    It would be nice to have some waves like that.

I disagree.

Normally July can be super flat all month, but this past July 2010 was not the case at all. Add on the warmer than usuall water temperatures we've had. One of the best July's in recent memory. Anyone agree?

No I don't agree. June 2009 was excellent as far as June's go. Several good swells. July 2010 did not have a single significant swell of note. Sure you could surf several days but I remember some July tropical swells in previous years that would put this year to shame.

No 2008 July... Hurricane Bertha and TS Cristobal. Nuff said.

dude have you ever seen an east coast summer?? weve had some pretty fun days and the summer is far from over.

Images
    Stay positive.....It's coming...just wait

i don't remember exactly which month is was, but Hurricane Bill sent ungodly surf to Va Beach. Solid double overhead, and glassy with the skies turning the water into a mirror of orange-ish reflection. it was the best evening/sunset surf session i've ever had