LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponorship

Sponorship

I am looking for a sponsor, anyone have any opportunities or suggestions? I am planing on competing this upcoming year, working hard this winter for it.

yeah surf really hard and win a-lot of contest and get noticed

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    make soe videos put them up on youtube/vimeo of course make those videos have your best stuff. then get photos out there.

contests is the best way.

think of it this way, if a company is going to sponsor you, they want you to get as much exposure as you can of you using their product. If you start to enter contest and do well in them, you wont have any problem finding a sponsor.

Just remember why you started surfing in the first place though

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antide Surfboards View Post
    think of it this way, if a company is going to sponsor you, they want you to get as much exposure as you can of you using their product. If you start to enter contest and do well in them, you wont have any problem finding a sponsor.

Just remember why you started surfing in the first place though

x2

yeah. don't think sponsorship is just free swag from shops and or companies. If someone decides to sponsor you they WILL expect a return on their investment which usually means all kinds of effort on your part.

the "s" word...

...is bad. Here is the deal. When you are "good enough" for someone to give you product, travel or even money; the whole town where you are from will be ringing your door bell. When you are "THAT" good, your local shop will do the work for you because they know you deserve it. Until then, stay in school and prepare a future that you can bet on. I have seen a ton of kids "Go looking for a sponsor," and you know what they end up with? NOTHING. The sponsors that are worth a damn will find you. Go look for an education and you will find something about your self. Finding a sponsor IS "slowly following the way of the buffalo!" Invest your time, money and future on something that will in return pay you back. And if you are that good already and I apologize for giving my load of crap; drive on down to jenks (SAY HELLO TO HAMMER), southside (SAY HELLO TO BUCK), or s-turns (SAY HELLO TO NOAH) and shows them how it's really done and take their sponsor right of their back. Screw competitions unless you have good competition in good waves.

Images
    if you got the stuff to impress sponsors, prove it. The best way to do this is through photos, videos, and contest results.

In this day in age, the companies are looking for more than just good riders, they are look for riders that promote themselves. Now a days, it is a lot easier to do this through the web. Build a web page for yourself, and get that media out there.

A good way to start out tho, is locally, through local surf shops. They know who deserves to represent their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by get wet View Post
    I am looking for a sponsor, anyone have any opportunities or suggestions? I am planing on competing this upcoming year, working hard this winter for it.

You a bad shredder, yeah? He bust his stick he shred so bad...