LOGIN | REGISTER

Unraveled Wetsuit Seam

I got a new Quiksilver ignite wetsuit in august, yesterday i notice when i got out of the water that one of the seams on the chest panel had competely unraveled. The seams are taped so it isn't falling apart or anything. I don't know what to do because i think you can send it back to them and they will repair it, but doesn't that take weeks? That's the only wetsuit I have and i definitely can't not surf for a month while waiting for it to get repaired. Anyone expierienced this or have any ideas. Also, is the taping strong enough to where i could wait till spring?

Unless it rips.

Images
    Grab a needle and thread and sew it up. Double up the thread to it is stronger. Better than being wetsuit-less for several weeks.

should i stich it up and then put wetsuit glue over top of that?

Nope dont stitch it at all send it back why be out all your money with a wetsuit that is fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by VAsurfer604 View Post
    I got a new Quiksilver ignite wetsuit in august, yesterday i notice when i got out of the water that one of the seams on the chest panel had competely unraveled. The seams are taped so it isn't falling apart or anything. I don't know what to do because i think you can send it back to them and they will repair it, but doesn't that take weeks? That's the only wetsuit I have and i definitely can't not surf for a month while waiting for it to get repaired. Anyone expierienced this or have any ideas. Also, is the taping strong enough to where i could wait till spring?
    send it back. they'll fix it. and charge you. should've got a rip curl. they fix it free. fast.