LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

stripped fin screw

hey how do y'all go about taking out a screw that won't turn with a fin key? i've tried twisting it with nose-hair pliers but it doesn't seem to be doing any good

Ok so is the screw stripped or is the allen key stripped? Never heard of the screw stripping after the fin is in. Try another allen key, I think the future ones hold up a little better than the FCS ones. OR just get one from a hardware store. good luck.

Images
    buy a set of screw / bolt extractors from you auto parts store they are a round 10 bucks for a cheap set but will get the job done for ya or you can use a left handed drill bit and hope it bites it and unscrews it as u are drilling but they cost a bit more

Images
    I know for a fact that they make the FCS key out of a softer metal alloy than the set screws for that exact reason. You will strip the key before the set screw if you really had cranked down on it. Try a new key, and if that doesn't work and the set screw is damaged I would try using a slightly larger Allen key to get a better grip on the inside of the set screw.