LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Winter in Hawaii

Wishing I was in Hawaii right now. My friend in the corps. called me at 9 pm (4pm there) and said there were 30 foot swells.
    Last edited by Inletsurf7; Dec 9, 2009 at 04:58 AM.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Inletsurf7 View Post
    Wishing I was in Hawaii right now. My friend in the corps. called me at 9 pm (4pm there) and said there were 30 foot swells.
    The Eddie Aikau Memorial competition was held today. AKA the swells had to be enormous, so we know.

http://live.quiksilver.com/2009/eddie/

Plus, when don't you wish you were in Hawaii? (rhetorical)

Images
    Plus, when don't you wish you were in Hawaii? (rhetorical) [/QUOTE]

i know right. ive wanted to go there forever. now i am finally getting a chance to go next winter.

Images
    I was there January 2006 and got to see the Pipe Masters for Bodyboarding... was 20-25ft with bigger sets and just firing...

Sitting on the beach at Pipe (yes that's all I could do haha) you could feel the ground rumble when a set wave broke.. it was a dream to see that.

Also got to see Pierre Louis Costes (Pro BB'er for those who don't know) at age 15 charging those 20ft swells at Pipe... it was incredible.

5. I just always wonder how the guys get out there in that mess. I would try like hell but I would def get tossed around.

I never went there and I wanna go there and Bodyboard some spots there but how in the world do you paddle out in that ****

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmar_Bodyboarder View Post
    I just always wonder how the guys get out there in that mess. I would try like hell but I would def get tossed around.

I never went there and I wanna go there and Bodyboard some spots there but how in the world do you paddle out in that ****
    Unlike here, there are channels that don't break or break a lot less hectic than the main peak and make way for paddle outs...

i lived in maui for a bit and it was amazing!!! now in back in jersey fist pumpin on the jersey shore!!! hahahaha

but seriously maui was insane and honolua bay, well you gotta surf it to believe it...

Images
    I thought the same thing until i actually stepped on the beach and saw the real deal. You cant feel the energy from any picture/video on the internet. Its a lot different when you are sitting less that 100 yards from 4-6 ft pipe. (10-14 ft faces NJ size, HAHA)

Surfed Haliewa,thinking it would be more forgiving than other spots north. Sat in the lineup for a few minutes until BOMB sets would come out the back, and showed me i was not ready. Cant even compare the energy out there to BIll, Hannah, or Ida.

Quote Originally Posted by Inletsurf7 View Post
    go to hawaii early season or late season for the 6-8-10 foot stuff that is clean, pushes your limits and will not kill you. dec-feb is normally big and stormy, not nearly as clean and fun. no offense but there isnt too many people on this website that can surf 15foot hawaiian, let alone 30foot. gotta know your limits or the braddahs gon ask you "eh buu, like beatings?"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanandGreen View Post
    I thought the same thing until i actually stepped on the beach and saw the real deal. You cant feel the energy from any picture/video on the internet. Its a lot different when you are sitting less that 100 yards from 4-6 ft pipe. (10-14 ft faces NJ size, HAHA)

Surfed Haliewa,thinking it would be more forgiving than other spots north. Sat in the lineup for a few minutes until BOMB sets would come out the back, and showed me i was not ready. Cant even compare the energy out there to BIll, Hannah, or Ida.
    Or sitting less than 100 yards from 20-25ft Pipe... just incredible.