LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Had a friend who used to say to me "Your telling me if we were in Hawaii right now standing at pipeline and it was 20' you wouldn't paddle out?" I always said "no way, but I would watch you paddle to your doom" . If something was breaking head high + or under I would do it, otherwise I would be taking a lot of pictures.

Truthfully, I would do it if it were a tow out. But I'd probably be sitting out there for hours lining up for the perfect wave with a good drop; More worried about the paddle out then anything. I'd probably write a will first though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    Or sitting less than 100 yards from 20-25ft Pipe... just incredible.
    yeppp first time you see and experience first hand what its like to see big pipe breaking - its unreal feeling the energy through the beach. its like the pacific ocean is reminding you whos boss... and then you see the occasional guy come up covered in blood as an extra reminder to stay at ehukai if you needed one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Had a friend who used to say to me "Your telling me if we were in Hawaii right now standing at pipeline and it was 20' you wouldn't paddle out?" I always said "no way, but I would watch you paddle to your doom" . If something was breaking head high + or under I would do it, otherwise I would be taking a lot of pictures.
    haha and our head high is their 2-3ft.

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    yeppp first time you see and experience first hand what its like to see big pipe breaking - its unreal feeling the energy through the beach. its like the pacific ocean is reminding you whos boss... and then you see the occasional guy come up covered in blood as an extra reminder to stay at ehukai if you needed one
    Yeah, that is something I will never forget and hope to get back one day,

Images
    the paddle out at those breaks is not bad at all... You almost paddle around it. Much worse paddle outs around here when they just keep rolling in breaking all over the place. Now, getting stuck inside out there is a different story.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    haha and our head high is their 2-3ft.
    I would be happy surfing 2-3ft Hawaiian. I always dream about moving somewhere, where our chest to head high surf is considered flat by the locals and I could have it to myself everyday between the real swells. I would be happy with that for the rest of my life .

Talking

headed out there in april, surf is'nt as heavy but still good & it's not very crowded

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I would be happy surfing 2-3ft Hawaiian. I always dream about moving somewhere, where our chest to head high surf is considered flat by the locals and I could have it to myself everyday between the real swells. I would be happy with that for the rest of my life .
    Haha yeah me to, I would love that everyday.

9. I would love too just go there let alone bodyboard there or surf there. I'm a little crazy so I might paddle out in 15' waves but would I actutally take a wave? That I don't know I would just go out there and say im out there take a smaller wave on one of the sets "GET KILLED" hopefully walk out alive and not fcked up by the reef and call it aday.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmar_Bodyboarder View Post
    I would love too just go there let alone bodyboard there or surf there. I'm a little crazy so I might paddle out in 15' waves but would I actutally take a wave? That I don't know I would just go out there and say im out there take a smaller wave on one of the sets "GET KILLED" hopefully walk out alive and not fcked up by the reef and call it aday.
    I don't know you and not trying to be a ****.. but I'm going on a plunge here and going to say that you WOULD NOT paddle out in 15ft Hawaiian waves. Just sayin...