LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Puerto Rico- January

*thinking* about PR in january for the first half of the month as this is our best time to travel. any one have experience down there that time of the year? place to stay? crowd? waves?

this is a surf trip for us but not 100%. we want to have some fun out on the town too so any input would be great. found flight for mid 300's and a hostel for 25 a piece per night.

if you have better ideas on where to go i will surely take it into consideration cause what i have right now is just a thought.

budget is $1500, but just as a guideline really.

Who is "we"?

me and a friend. from oc'md, but not relevant.

maybe one or two unreliable people but not relying on them for our plans

crowded this time of year, waves are generally good, hit or miss kinda
    Last edited by somesurfer4; Dec 10, 2009 at 03:21 AM.

Images
    ya, puerto rico is good trip for January. Rincon on the west coast is the most popular and US friendly town. But, if you go there, I would highly recommend to get a rental car to drive around the Northwest coast. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around the area.

Images
    Been there twice. I stayed in Isabela which is north of rincon, on shacks beach. we went to a few spots, jobos being most relevant. its fun but if youd dont get swell its a bummer, just ride up and down the coast and look for a spot. try wannasurf.com,

by the way, if you like basketball then bring one, they have courts everywhere, the one in isabela is fun a lot of people play there.

We are going from the 7th-27th of January i would reccomend staying in Isabella there is a place called juniors pizza

and above it are little hotel rooms.. and below is a pizza shop with very good pizza...plus you can walk from jobos and

is a short drive from middles,sauceys,and los dunes. but also close to the Ramey Base where they have wilderness

and surfers beach im not sure on the price but i think it was $300 for a week. Also up the road is a nice restaurant with

the best coconut shrimp and there is a hangout bar around jobos..and if you stay at juniors pizza when you pull put take

a right and follow the road up the hill and there is a sandwich shop which is open early and they make like egg

sandwiches and stuff plus they have a bunch of snacks.Also there is a gas station closeby and pelicano surf

shop.There is a Basketball Court with lights too Sorry if this is all jumbled up im not the best writer.
    Last edited by wbluke; Dec 10, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Theres almost always something at Domes too if you stay in the Rincon area. Last year i went right after Christmas for a few weeks and the week after i left they got that huge swell with everyone towing at Tres. So bummed i missed that. Would have loved to see huge Tres.

Images
    if your looking for long point break style rights, go to rincon. If your looking for a little more punch and some barrels, stay in Isabella. Either way get a car, I recommend getting a car, so you can explore between these areas.

awesome thanks for the help. im going to check on those places for sure. we found flights for 350 from DC to Aguadilla so we are pretty stoked on that. we found a hostel in rincon for 25 a night so we were thinkin about that for the first few nights and checkin around for a better place after that? anyone experience a hostel before?