LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Surfing Net Worth

Just curious how much you guys think you have as far as dollars wrapped up in surfing?from boards,Wetsuits,and anything surf related.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Dive 26 View Post
    Just curious how much you guys think you have as far as dollars wrapped up in surfing?from boards,Wetsuits,and anything surf related.
    Surfboards 2k

Wetsuits & Shorts 800 dollars

Leashes, board bags Ect 500

DVD's & Videos 200 dollars

as of current . this dont count for the past 20 years LOL

If you count the number of jobs lost, jobs quit, classes failed, college dropped out of, not being able to think beyond the next swell so you don't care about preparing for the future in any way. I would say about $500,000 in potential income not earned in the last 25 years.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    If you count the number of jobs lost, jobs quit, classes failed, college dropped out of, not being able to think beyond the next swell so you don't care about preparing for the future in any way. I would say about $500,000 in potential income not earned in the last 25 years.
    500k in 25 years? That's like 20k a year. Next time I pull up to the drive through hold the pickles and mayo.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    DVD's & Videos 200 dollars
    ???Seriously??? Whoa bud.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post

wow..... Slater? Occy? Irons' bros???? and you said that..... wow.. you must be droppin in EVERYWHERE.....lol. c'mon maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

you ever think that maybe you saved more money as a result of your surfing lifestyle as opposed to being a typical american who is played out,..mind, body and spirit by the age of ?,..you name it, ..35, 40, 45 ?

$500,000 is probably a good estimate, $20,000 per year less than I might have been making had I finished college. After surfing for 35 years, 25 of those money making years of uneven work history working crap jobs. There are 2 ways of really being able to surf whenever you want, either work crap jobs for crap pay or work hard to start a business that eventually lets you make your own hours. I've done both and the later is way better, sad thing is, without a natural talent even 35 years isn't enough to turn a so so surfer into a great surfer.

just equipment.

Ummm if I had to buy my video collection. say 73 videos times 20 a pop $1460. Thank god for pirate bay. (if anyone wants it let me know you will need a hard drive. it is 50 gigs.)

Boards 2800

wetsuits 1000

bags 300

boardies 300

I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting.

Don't forget about travel. The Mexico, CR, and California trips add up. I could probably buy a decent used car for the money I have paid to the Outer Banks Motel over the years.