LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6/5/4 Wetsuit

6/5/4 Wetsuit

I've searched the forum archives and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I live in Long Beach, NY and currently pursuing a 6/5/4 wetsuit for long, warm winter sessions. My current 5/4/3 ripcurl just doesn't keep me warm for long enough.

I'm looking for advice from 6/5/4 user's or anyone with some good input. What they use and what they recommend?

I've tried on ripcurl and oneill's latest top 6/5/4 model and stretch, fit great, but pricey. $400++. But still considering them.

I really like the looks of West's Lotus 6/5/4. It has limestone neoprene. I've heard it's stretchy, but stretches too much over time.

http://www.degree33surfboards.com/we...-p/1mlch14.htm

I always buy Hyperflex gloves and booties and they work great for me. I want to see how their 6/5/4 Amp suit stacks up too. Heard good things and great price.

Heard tons of good things about Xcel, but longevity can be an issue?

Any help much appreciated!!!!!

that because ripcurl makes terrible wetsuits. 5/4/3 is all your need. I find ripcurl to be the worst wetsuits on the market; by means or their neoprene and seams. Get yourself an xcel 5/4/3 and your be plenty worm....if your looking for a little sum thin sum thin a little cheaper go hyperflex amp 5/4/3...or if you really want but totally unnecessary a 6/5/4 by them.

Images
    I have a 5/4/3 Flow by HyperFlex and I have to say its the warmest suit I have ever owned. I have stayed out for up to 4 hours with not a chill. I am to the point where I am sweating in the suit. I have there new 5.5mill gloves . I am not a glove person but there gloves are so warm and comfy they changed my take on them . As for there boots I wanted to get there 7mils but they were out of my size so I had to get rip curl but I am happy with them as well.
    If you can take the extra rubber of the 6/5/4 go for it. I think you will be very happy and surprised by there 5/4/3

^^this guy does nothing but suck off hyperflex. it hink he works for them

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    ^^this guy does nothing but suck off hyperflex. it hink he works for them
    I wish I would get one free suit a year them LOL

In all serious they make a great product, they have great customer service and there based outa NJ.

Cant really say anything more . I am never gonnw throw money away on brands like West, Rip Curl , Xcel, they just dont perform and hold up as good.

I have the west lotus 6/5/4... its warm. I only wear it when the water is less than 45, and the air is below freezing. Its hard to get out of, sort of a weird closure system.

Its pretty stretchy as far as 6mm of rubber goes, nothing compared to how stretchy my 5/4 oneill is though. Your main concerns, however, seem to be warmth and price, and this suit has both of those going for it.

Images
    Give Matt Johnson a break, with 337 posts since Oct, some topics are bound to get repeated...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by exit98surf View Post
    give matt johnson a break, with 337 posts since oct, some topics are bound to get repeated...

lol!!!!!!

Ive got a hyperflex 5/4/3 this year.Awsome suit.Nice and toasty thus far (even thou the water temp is around 49.)I also picked up 7 mill boots.Its worth the extra$$$$$$$.

I have a 2010 Hyperflex AMP 6/5/4 size LT never used with tags still on i will sell for $250. Great deal you cant get them for under $270 online plus shipping. Hit me up with a PM if anyone is interested i am going to post it on ebay in the next few days.