LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Winter Booties

Winter Booties

I was wondering if there is such a bootie that is warm and completely dry. I have tried a variety of booties including Hyperflex, Quiksilver, and now use Xcel drylocks. The Xcels work well and are warm, but I was wondering if anyone has something they really like that is dry. I have skinny ankles so maybe that is why I get a little water?

Images
    What size are you getting them ? I where a 10 & 1/2 shoe but in a booties I get them in a 10 for a little snuger fit. I use rip curls and I have very little water in them after I get out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    What size are you getting them ? I where a 10 & 1/2 shoe but in a booties I get them in a 10 for a little snuger fit. I use rip curls and I have very little water in them after I get out of the water
    I'm a 10.5 and wear a 10 in booties. What kind of rip curl booties? and how cold of water have you actually surfed in for over an hour and been dry...

Images
    I use the Rip Curl 7mil Round toes. I have been out for as long as 4 hours with out a chill and maybe a shot glass worth of water and sweat in them

You have to do the trick where you fold the tops of the booties over your ankle before you put your wetsuit over your ankles. It helps a lot.

Northender Guest
    duct tape your boots to your skin. but shave that part of your leg before you do it. then just fold down you wetsuit