LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Thats 100% true. My 6'8 Heritage single fin is so fun to ride for being a vintage board

Thumbs up

Brian Wynn shapes a really good all around board. hes out of Jersey. Perfect glassing and get resinX ** www.wynnsurfboards.com **

Images
    i have a 6'2 futura. I'm 5'11 190 so its a high performance board for me in NJ, but honestly I think I can go smaller. Firewire's website has a sizing guide, but you can also base the board's volume (multiply the dimensions together) and compare it with another board you have or have ridden, by doing the same math. Part of the fun is figuring out the right board to plunk 700$ on. Heritage in OC/NJ demo's some of their firewire's too.

volume chart:
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/qu...oardid=volumes
    Last edited by firewirerider; Dec 31, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Why buy a firewire? Why not boost your local economy and order a board from a shaper in town? You'll pay less and get a board shaped by someone who rides that same waves you do as opposed to paying more and getting a chip stamped out in a factory in some landlocked Asian country. Think about it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    Why buy a firewire? Why not boost your local economy and order a board from a shaper in town? You'll pay less and get a board shaped by someone who rides that same waves you do as opposed to paying more and getting a chip stamped out in a factory in some landlocked Asian country. Think about it.
    you make a valid argument, and i' don't entirely disagree, except that firewire has only 1 factory located in San Diego. But pickup a firewire board and you'll know why it costs a bit more.

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firewirerider View Post
    you make a valid argument, and i' don't entirely disagree, except that firewire has only 1 factory located in San Diego. But pickup a firewire board and you'll know why it costs a bit more.
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/te...hp?techid=tech

last paragraph, still love these boards but you need to get your facts right.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by firewirerider View Post
    I thought firewires were produced domestically but wasn't sure, I was alluding more to JS, GSI, and the like. Regardless, my point rings true. It's not local and not suited for the east coast. If you want technology, well, shapers in my hometown at least are using basically the same stuff as the Big Industry companies. You have no excuse for buying a board from 2,000 miles away.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Northender View Post
    http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/te...hp?techid=tech

last paragraph, still love these boards but you need to get your facts right.
    wow..i stand corrected, thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    I thought firewires were produced domestically but wasn't sure, I was alluding more to JS, GSI, and the like. Regardless, my point rings true. It's not local and not suited for the east coast. If you want technology, well, shapers in my hometown at least are using basically the same stuff as the Big Industry companies. You have no excuse for buying a board from 2,000 miles away.
    no you were right on the Asian connection, my mistake as clarified above