LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images

Been There Twice

I have travel there twice and the surf is great. It is the most consistance surf surf location. Most places you need to hit it early before 11:00am, that's when winds pickup and trash many surf breaks. I recommend going North to Playa Grande, Witches Rock, Playa Langosta river mouth is awesome, and Little Hawaii can get big. Stay clear of Tamarindo surf break, gets very crowded, everwhere else is empty. If you go south stay away from Jaco, the surf sucks there especialy if it gets bigger than 4 feet. Hemosa is a fun short beak break, travel farther south to Esterollas. Be aware of banditos braking into cars, hide your **** from few in your car or kiss it goodbye. Expect solid surf nomatter where you go and if you gettire of surfing or the surf drops below your standards there is much to do in Costa...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avonsurfernc View Post
    I went to both Mai Pais and Playa Hermosa just south of Jaco Beach. The waves at Mai Pais broke out very far and the paddle out was nearly impossible with walls of white water travelling what seemed to be 100s of yards it was very strange. However ,the village was really neat. The waves in Playa Hermosa were really fun and easy to get out to. I would go to hermosa
    Yea stay away from Mal Pais, nothing good to see there

Images
    ditto on Jaco. Its not the best wave and the town is pretty seedy.

Yes forget surfing Jaco but Hermosa is a great beach break. However, there are some good eats in the town of Jaco and yes it is seedy. Be careful when walking the strip. I always felt somewhat safe when walking the strip.