LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Kooks

I was a winter kook yesterday. I needed a few shoulder high sets to remind me how out of shape I have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin21012 View Post
    I was a winter kook yesterday. I needed a few shoulder high sets to remind me how out of shape I have gotten.
    Where did you surf yesterday that was only shoulder high?

Indian River Inet - - If it was bigger that would just confirm that I'm a kook.

Images
    Yeah it was pretty heavy where ever you went yesterday.

Looks like santa gave and the inexperienced surfers winter gear. There was alot of ppl out

I was out for a about 1 &1/2 - 2 hours and I called it a day . I got my share of waves and lumps and 2 barrels so the lumps made it well worth it

i been feelin a bit kooky of late, too. having more trouble getting used to the bigboy suit than i remember having last year. is it just me or did the water get cold faster than it did the last couple of years?

and, kevin, if you were out late afternoon yesterday at nsiri, and you are who i think you are, you done okay.

Images
    i feel like a winter kook until i make my first good turn. then i feel good, and they were poretty powerful today... I went for a wave for fun just to get closed out in the barrel. and i hit the lip with my head, and totaly ate it, and when i came up, there was a SEAL 3 feet infront of my face, and the wetsuit got pulled back from my gloves and got icey water in both by gloves that sucked

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobfromFredneck View Post
    I surfed once last summer hungover..!
    Absolutely the best thing I could think to cure a hangover. Swim, surf, splash around in the ocean. Better than popping some pain killers and lying around in bed whining all day.

Not trying to be arrogant but I'm well beyond the kook stage. I charged hard yesterday and went big.. you have to. Can't pull out (unless you KNOW it's a nasty closeout, no one will rip on you for that) That's what makes you look like a kook. Go or get out

But getting caught in a rip or on the inside is bullsh!t regardless of who you are I hate it I get pissed off

Images
    Wait a minute....aren't all spongy pee pee draggers kooks?

Images
    Huh Huh Huhh huh huhh huhuh clever clever man you got me so bad!

Images
    ha, i knew you'd like that one!