LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Winter Kooks

ill agree with that
    maybe its being from a very secluded surfing community that i have this out look
    but i kinda understand what you are saying

Images
    i just hate it when there are people out who do not no how to surf out in the water and just because their out there they think they are entitled to every wave that comes in.

ill agree but how you deal with the determines what type of person you are

Talking

I was at the beach on 12/27 about 10:00 am. I ride a longboard and took one look and knew it was not for me. After being out of the water for about 25 years it took the last year just to get the basic skills down. It aint like riding a bike for sure especially with 30 addl pounds hanging around. Knowing you limits will help you progress at a faster rate and maybe save your life. One things for sure - I'll be paddling out till I'm ready for the box.

Images

Talking

Last edited by r donofrio; Jan 1, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    I kinda chuckled when I read this, no offense man.

Here is the deal, plenty of timesÖ countless times; I have been flying down the line only to have some "novice" decide that they want that wave. If they are not deaf nor blind they would see or hear me (the Marine Corp teaches you how to bark commands pretty friggin good) and decide they will back off it still sections out the wave, the newb thinks they did good by pulling back when they should not have even been going in the first place. Also, I love the "Hey, I was standing up first" thing as well. When I hear that, I know they are completely clueless and it's not even worth arguing. I dismiss them completely at this point as I realize they know nothing. Sorry, but there have been too many times that people have done stupid or rude things and just don't think they have to even acknowledge it, and that's what pisses me off more than anything else.
    I will hoot a newb into waves they don't have the "gumption" to go for on their own and then give them the biggest smile and thumbs up when they make it, but man it pisses me off when one of them drops in on me and then pretends it didn't happen. That's when I get steamed. They can do it once. Then when it happens a second time I will politely paddle up to them and in a very quiet and composed voice, ask them if they knew what they were doing and offer etiquette advice. If they "rebuff" my advice... well... then their wave count will go down dramatically. I hate it the most when they pretend they did nothing. Thatís when the hairs on my neck go up.
    It can be dangerous when itís good. Itís serious business when itís on.
    Surfing is not a group hug. Sometimes people think the safety rules do not apply to them, which is when a simple conversation does not always apply. Iím not saying this is right or wrong, is just human. When somebody can get really hurt, do you not protect yourself in the water by removing the problem?

Happy New Year everybody. I hope you guys score some good New Year surf on the right coast.

Images
    There was a few unexperienced people out today . I had one kid he must have been 14 or 16 and he was riding this old 60's Gordon & Smith Longboard . He didnt have a leash and he was dropping in at the end of the first section of the wave. He was every place I was I would move down and he would be there like 2 mins later. Soon as I seen him go for the same wave as me I turned out twice. I seen he didnt have a leash I let him know with board he has he should be a bit more careful cause if he looses his board it could hurt someone else. I gave him a few pointers and took him down to a less crowded area. He thanked me for giving him the heads up and he said he was gonna get a prorper leash for his board.

NO FISTS , NO CURSING , NO CONFICT. NOBODY GOT HURT

He kept or even gained more stoke from his session and so did I ,

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    There was a few unexperienced people out today . I had one kid he must have been 14 or 16 and he was riding this old 60's Gordon & Smith Longboard . He didnt have a leash and he was dropping in at the end of the first section of the wave. He was every place I was I would move down and he would be there like 2 mins later. Soon as I seen him go for the same wave as me I turned out twice. I seen he didnt have a leash I let him know with board he has he should be a bit more careful cause if he looses his board it could hurt someone else. I gave him a few pointers and took him down to a less crowded area. He thanked me for giving him the heads up and he said he was gonna get a prorper leash for his board.

NO FISTS , NO CURSING , NO CONFICT. NOBODY GOT HURT

He kept or even gained more stoke from his session and so did I ,
    perfect edict
    keeps good vibes all around

Images
    i wish i could have gone out!! ive been sick

i find it funny that there are pics posted of every little swell and then people ***** about the crowds. You can't have both; pics = people. The young folks on here don't grasp that concept.