LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Ordered my first foot pad...

Whats up guys, first post.
    iv'e been surfing 20 years so i guess its time to get a foot pad, huh? I purchased the Dakine Kalani Rob white pad. What should I expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by firewirerider View Post
    iv'e been surfing 20 years so i guess its time to get a foot pad, huh? I purchased the Dakine Kalani Rob white pad. What should I expect ?
    Dakine pads are awesome, and the Kalani Rob model is actually my favorite one...

I go with black though, because white will get really really dirty if you like to wax your pad.

whelp to be blunt you should expect more traction...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    Dakine pads are awesome, and the Kalani Rob model is actually my favorite one...

I go with black though, because white will get really really dirty if you like to wax your pad.
    is waxing your pad necessary?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i always wax my pads. but dakines are defiently the best i have ever had. and i usually go through alot a year. but you will dwfiently get alot of traction.

Smile

Please,call it a traction pad.Calling it a foot pad makes it sound like theres something wrong with your feet.Goodluck on your new investment.

is waxing your pad necessary?
    prob. not necessary, but i like to think it helps....

most of the pro's wax their trac-pads if you watch them getting ready b4 heats, and i think they generally have a good idea of what helps them stick to their boards

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Dive 26 View Post
    Please,call it a traction pad.Calling it a foot pad makes it sound like theres something wrong with your feet.Goodluck on your new investment.
    calling it a traction pad sounds like something's wrong with my back

Images
    ya.. i have to go with traction pad, they both make sense, but footpad does sound weird. Ive never had dakine, always creatures and i like them,(one dane reynolds kommunity) and i have looked at the kalani robb pad and it did look sick. I want to find a kommunity kelly slater pad, that one looks pretty nice.
    i never wax my pads when i first get them, i always think it looks like crap, but then after my first sesh with it, i wax it up!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Dive 26 View Post
    agreed....