LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2009 had a lot of good surf

looking back we had a lot of good surf this year, hope all you guys got your share

Images
    I agree, i think this was a pretty darn good surf year on the Mid Atlantic.

Northender Guest
    i diagree I thought the hurricane season for 09 was pretty mediocre as well as the 09 winter. Stand out swells for Virginia beach that i remember was febuary 19. Some swell over spring break. Hurricane Bill and Danny. Noreaster Ida. and the swell last weekend that I missed due to going to my grandparents. Wish I didnt miss that one. But el nino years give consistant winter swells correct?

who cares if the amount of hurricanes was less than average? weve consistently had swell for the east coast PLUS the wind/sandbars were pretty cooperative. flat spells were pretty short followed by great stretchs of clean surf

dont forget that vb is sheltered from south swell and has a wide continental shelf so it misses or weakens certain direction swells compared to your southern and northern neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    looking back we had a lot of good surf this year, hope all you guys got your share
    I actually feel 2008 was a better year for me as far as waves.(surfing monmouth county)

Images
    Hurricane season is overrated. Nor'Easter's are more frequent and bring comparable punch!

2009 i kept a "surf log/journal" detailing surf conditions, guys i surfed with and locations i surfed for every session (sometimes more than one per day)

Total Surf Sessions for 2009 (including PR and OBX) = 97

Pretty cool. Also fun to reference when someone posts video or pic of sick surf with the date. I can cross reference those vids and pics with my journal taking me back to that particular day!

Peace out 09!

Images
    Well since I just got back into the water in Oct after a 3 year break I have to say I am please. I am a glass half full kinda guy

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Hurricane season is overrated. Nor'Easter's are more frequent and bring comparable punch!

2009 i kept a "surf log/journal" detailing surf conditions, guys i surfed with and locations i surfed for every session (sometimes more than one per day)

Total Surf Sessions for 2009 (including PR and OBX) = 97

Pretty cool. Also fun to reference when someone posts video or pic of sick surf with the date. I can cross reference those vids and pics with my journal taking me back to that particular day!

Peace out 09!
    And I took a little static for counting my sessions not so long ago.There are people out there like me.Man what a relief.

Images
    Not just counting...detailing em. Does that make me a kook? lol Last year this time..my guess was 85 sessions. So i exceeded that despite huge dry spells during last January and February!

Images
    I think it was a good year with the sand bars being re-adjusted so far this winter, thou the hurricane season sucked, thanks el'nino.