• Maryland

35 26.12%
  • Virginia

12 8.96%
  • Delaware

20 14.93%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: where you from?

Born in Cape May... used to surf Stockton (got my first wave ever), Poverty (many hurricane barrels), Trenton, Philly (a longboard wave then), and Broadway beaches. All backside lefts. Moved to Brigantine, then to North Jerz where I surfed Asbury, Belmar, and Manasquan, which are all mostly rights. Left the state for a few years to go to school, moved back, and now live in Monmouth Beach.

Images
    The Mid-Atlantic Forum should be split between Delmarva and New Jersey IMO judging by some other threads I have no idea what people are talking about half the time

yeah, it does get pretty confusing...

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    The Mid-Atlantic Forum should be split between Delmarva and New Jersey IMO judging by some other threads I have no idea what people are talking about half the time
    yeah but we are close enough to enjoy similar swells, weather, and even local events. i mean ive never been to IRI but i know what it is because of this forum tho ive been to the delmarva regionbefore

West Belmar by the way of Keansburg! Dont know if i should be admitting that. Grew up surfing Sandy Hook(2nd Jetty, the cove, first parking lot), Seabright, Seven President. The Academy bus Route.

Images
    right next to ^ in West Belmar. Grew up in Sea Girt and surf SL mostly. I should really expand my horizons....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Initially everything was broken up by local region, but it didn't work out so well, especially for the regions that dont get as much activity. You may have noticed that 90% of the forum activity is coming from the Mid Atlantic forum. And, the traffic is strong in other areas as well, just not as much forum actuion.

But, will keep it in mind down the road if we make some changes.

I would say, just keep in mind when you are writing that the forum encompasses more than just your local region. And, feel free to not read a new jersey post if you are from Virginia - etc, etc.!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    "If you're from PA you're a kook. That has to be an automatic distinction."

"Exactly, PA=bennies. People from PA need to stay there. Otherwise, help pay the NJ taxes for our beaches before surfing them. "

_________

I'm from PA & yes there are tons of kooks in PA that only surf in the summer when they can use their parents beachhouses, and dont understand surfing "etiquette" so I'll apologize for those idiots, but have no association w/ them. But "if youre from PA, youre a kook"?...not quite. Quit trying to be some aggro local when you live in jerz. you guys aren't on some small island w/ perfect waves. granted jerz gets decent waves, and thers a lot of guys in NJ that rip, but having to pay to use the beach? = GAY, & the number of arrogant dikbag surfers out in the water (both IN jerz & ones i've met from jerz during trips to costa rica, PR, & hawai'i)(yes all 3) is insane. you all know who you are, nobody owns the beach so eat a dik.

To everyone ELSE that surfs in jersey, no offense. I've met tons of chill people while surfing in jersey, & always have fun out in the water. I just prefer not to surf there often b/c im not paying some snake politician loot to surf in UNOWNED water, just so they can spend tax dollars on prostitutes, their overpaid salary & other luxuries they dont deserve. My job doesnt pay for me to go out to eat whenever i want (i.e. ALL THE TIME)...

I grew up in DE beaches, but surf OC, MD year round & have been puttin my time in for the past 12 years. & ya, i do paddle out in "heavy" sht every season. So if possible, throw PA up there for at least one just to piss off the 2 clowns i quoted.
    & You two, you kno the bumper sticker:
    Ha'awi Ho'ihi, Loa'a Ho'ihi <---take that sht to heart & grow up, you know you didnt buy that board w/ your own loot, & cut your hair, carbon copies...have fun gettin raped by the man.

This wasnt worth typing & I got sht to do, so PEACE

thanks frenzy.
    from philadelphia. pay property taxes in both pa and nj, but i am from philadelphia.

middletown, nj.

i'd like to buy a house in monmouth beach in the near future