Images

Surfboard or Sponge?

Which do you ride?

Images
    i do both.

Smile

i think my forum name says it all

Images
    wow, i'm surprised that there are almost half body boarders here. No offense, but thankfully I don't see as many in the water!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firewirerider View Post
    wow, i'm surprised that there are almost half body boarders here. No offense, but thankfully I don't see as many in the water!!
    Yeah, thankfully, because then you'd have to come on here crying how you watched all the BB'ers get barreled while you sat on the shoulders...

On that note.. +1 BB for me.

I never will understand what is so bad about being a bodyboarder. We're all out there to have fun. Some people may have certain conditions from birth which prevent them from surfing, like bad hand eye coordination or balance. Or, it could just be that it's more fun for them, but its definitely not because they are lazy or a waste of a body in the lineup. Not saying this is my case, but I used to struggle with that coordination stuff. I now do both, but still mostly bodyboard. I was pleased with my double surf/BB session on New Years

Images
    It's also more of a full body swimming workout because you use your legs to kick/propel yourself in the water. I kind of like to think about it as being a frog.

The site founder is a bodyboarder and great all around guy who can predict swells fairly accurately, perhaps that is the reason for the large bodyboard following on the site. Most of us ride waves in places that surfers stay on the beach for except the handful of surfers that can handle it.

+1 BB

Good topic if it can stay on track. We all love the water for our own reasons and should stop the hate on our choices of water vehicles.

Surf. Started on the sponge though.

Images
    LMAO!!! Its okay i have my flame suit on. Seriously though, my experience with BBoarders is that they all respect the rules that many surfers lack. So cool your jets guys, I'm just having some fun. At some point in a surfer's life a boogie board got us all on a surf board.