LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    15

    wetsuit question

    Hey guys this is my first winter out, will i be good for a Christmas session with a 4/3 3mm hood and 3mm boots?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by nybodyboarder View Post
    Hey guys this is my first winter out, will i be good for a Christmas session with a 4/3 3mm hood and 3mm boots?
    Your good to go New York.Dont forget your gloves.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,109
    Images
    5
    with 3mm boots your feet wont last long . Get a set of 7mil boots and 5 mil glove , you'll good to go

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    15
    i dont have gloves and those are my only boots, i just want to fit in one more session before my season is over and i havent been out in a few weeks so as long as i get an hour in the water im ok.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,109
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by nybodyboarder View Post
    i dont have gloves and those are my only boots, i just want to fit in one more session before my season is over and i havent been out in a few weeks so as long as i get an hour in the water im ok.
    I miss understood you I thought you were gonna brave the whole winter in 3mil boots. You do it depends how tolerant of cold are you . For a little extra warmth you can get some of them thremo socks . I seen a few guys using them with 5mil boots. I heard they work pretty well.

    You will need gloves borrow a set if you can if not good pair of gloves or mits are 40 dollars average

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    15
    ok thanks, unless i get a pair for xmas i doubt im gettin a new pair, so ill just have to tough it out

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,185

    Talking

    Dude,I cant see you paddling out now without gloves but if you can more power to ya.Water temp is about 49.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by nybodyboarder View Post
    ok thanks, unless i get a pair for xmas i doubt im gettin a new pair, so ill just have to tough it out
    Your hands will be cold and numb, but for a 1 hr sess they should hold up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    15
    my parents just got me a nice new pair of gloves so im good to go...and as far as your face puttin vaseline all over it works pretty well right?