LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    wilderness in pr gets really big

Images
    was that comment about Rincon, Calif a serious one?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    wilderness in pr gets really big
    Wilderness, PR is also not a beach break...

Images
    where do you guys stand about Hawaii? which personally i think would be in the top 3

Beach breaks

Billabongmoney- You cant be serious. and if you are please get on a flight somewhere, asap. The beachbreaks on the east coast are very good, but are all or nothing in regards to consistency. I have gotten some of the best barrels and rides of my life in the Northeast/Mid-atlantic. But you cant really deny- Puerto Escondido, Hossegor, Blacks, OB san fran, etc

Images
    puerto escondido for sure

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    where do you guys stand about Hawaii? which personally i think would be in the top 3
    Hawaii is mostly reef.

Quote Originally Posted by latedrops View Post
    Sandspit
    la Jolla - Mex
    Puerto

Mexico has a ton, a lot of which are back breakers but also many world class beachees.
    Is Sandspit still considered a beach break if it breaks along a man made finger?

On that note, what exactly constitutes a 'beach break'. If it breaks along a groin is it still considered a beach break? What about a jetty at the mouth of an inlet? What about a sandy point- is it a beach break or a point break? Or are we just going to say a beach break is something that breaks on a sandy or pebble bottom? Does that mean that waves that break on a rocky cost line are out? And how about Wiamia shore break? It breaks on a beach.

Also are we talking about the best beach break under ideal conditions or your best bet to catch a decent wave?

Ok, end rant. I would judge the best beach break on size, form, and consistency. For a wave that captures all three my vote has to go to Hossegor.
    Last edited by YankeeSpy; Jan 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Images

Talking

skeleton bay south africa def or the great waves of shebogin wisconsin

10. Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSpy View Post
    Is Sandspit still considered a beach break if it breaks along a man made finger?

On that note, what exactly constitutes a 'beach break'. If it breaks along a groin is it still considered a beach break? What about a jetty at the mouth of an inlet? What about a sandy point- is it a beach break or a point break? Or are we just going to say a beach break is something that breaks on a sandy or pebble bottom? Does that mean that waves that break on a rocky cost line are out? And how about Wiamia shore break? It breaks on a beach.

Also are we talking about the best beach break under ideal conditions or your best bet to catch a decent wave?

Ok, end rant. I would judge the best beach break on size, form, and consistency. For a wave that captures all three my vote has to go to Hossegor.

Wow, good points and a nice call on Hossegor.
    I still love Blacks on a good day though for local beachbreaks.