LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Yeah same here I have a custom K board.
    I would have been Chris Brown angry if mine were mass produced!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    No man I said when, not why. When did they start mass producing?

Not sure about the exact timeframe but I know they've been doing most of their production blanks C&C for quite some time. Even their 'customs' are machined and then hand finished.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Not sure about the exact timeframe but I know they've been doing most of their production blanks C&C for quite some time. Even their 'customs' are machined and then hand finished.
    Damn, that's lame.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    has anyone heard of this board?? Its dane reynolds new channel islands board model. it looks awesome. but does anyone know if its gona be sold in shops soon??
    check with Heritage Surf in Margate. They're getting in a line of Channel Islands this season.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Even their 'customs' are machined and then hand finished.
    Yeah pretty much all mainline surfboards start out as pop outs. technically.

Depends on how much a person want to define custom I guess. My biggest beef with CI isn't that their boards are sh*tty (although I think their glass jobs are suspect), it's that there are so many talented local guys who can make a similar or better shape. Why buy a board based on hype and advertising? Now, granted there are probably a few guys who have been with CI for a long time and they established that relationship early but way too many people buy a board based on what they read in mags or see some pro riding when they really should talk to a local shaper to get a board that works for them in our waves.

Images

Freedom

freedom surf shop in virginia beach has the dumpster diver and the new wizard sleeve, for kelly. check it out....

Images
    I belive Summer Sun Surf Shop in Cape May has them if not he can get them . I was in there a while back looking at The MSF (single fin) and he siad he can get anything CI has on there website

Images
    AKA: you preach the local shaper angle on hear EVERY TIME a board question comes up... How can you be sure a local shaper has the experience in shaping and glassing to buy one??? You can't. The ONLY local shapers i have heard good things about and would buy a custom from are Wynn and Cosmic Bull... What's your agenda? Are you a local shaper? Just wondering, not starting more beef on this thread...

it's my next board, fer sur! square tail block, 3 finz all thu way...
    http://cisurfboards.com/sb_Dumpster-Diver.asp

contact Al 4 more info...
    info@cisurfboards.com