LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I don't buy into any of this east coast vs. west coast shaper crap.... There are Hawaiian and Californian shapers who make boards that work amazingly on the east coast, and vice versa.

Images
    well for one thing..its not like "east coast" is one kind of wave. I would say shoulder high mid-town OCMD breaks way more like Blacks than Assateague right down the road...and Assateague breaks just like San Onofre does at the same size....But SanO is right next to Trestles...I think the point being made is not east coast vs. west coast but rather "locally shaped for your waves" vs. "mass produced store pre-orders"

Images
    I think i like me chemistrys better. Theyre some of my favorite boards. I got a custom one once, and it was one of the best boards ive ever ridden. wish i never sold it. But i learned and since that ive only found like 2 or 3 awesome boards. I think i might get the boombastik chem instead cuz the ci is gonna be lke 650+..... anyone have anything to say bout the Boombastik?

I was gonna compare the Boombastik with the White Diamond and the Dumpster Diver. I usually ride a 6' thruster, I am 5'9 165. I got a custom Chem Boombastik at 5'7 19 1/2 2 1/4. Seriously super fun board. Its a surf skate, but it handles just about everything though I have not taken it out in overhead. Super light and turns great. I kind of wish I went smaller. Definately worth checking out. Chemistry is awesome they even threw my own art on the nose of the board.

www.gyasurf.com
    Last edited by FrankShreds; Jan 9, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

I went 5 inches shorter by going 5'7 and 3/4 inch wider with 19 1/2. If I were to tweak it I would go 5'7 x 19.

www.gyasurf.com
    Last edited by FrankShreds; Jan 9, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Yeah, word of mouth, mostly through forums, is what leads me to only trust Wynn and Cosmic Bull, as far as Jersey is concerned. I guess what prompted my question is the influx of local shapers popping up all over other avenues like Craig's List. There's a couple people advertising new custom shapes (starting at $350), but don't supply names or experience, etc. One guy does, Chaize, but I know nothing of him...
    I've mentioned his name a ton on this board and posted a few pics of a board he just shaped me. Chris Chaize shapes out of Asbury Park (In his shaping shack in his backyard) and you can find his boards in Lightly Salted Surf Shop in Asbury Park and Stokaboka in Red Bank. He really does not make shortboards, he shapes predominantly retro shapes, fishes, bonzers, single fins, etc. After he shapes them he delivers them to LBI for Wynn to glass. His boards a reasonably priced, well shaped, look awesome, and are so much fun.

http://www.myspace.com/chaize_surfboards

Check out some of the pictures. He shaped me a 5'6 quad fish and it's my board of choice currently (I have yet to paddle out on my coil thanks to this freakin flat spell).

Images
    i just went to cosmic bull. and there customs are 489!!!!!!! thats sick. ill prob get glassons too. thats better than a 600 boombastik!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i just went to cosmic bull. and there customs are 489!!!!!!! thats sick. ill prob get glassons too. thats better than a 600 boombastik!!!
    Yeah and your buying Locally too . That why I dont really Order anything online and only buy boards and wetsuits from who I do. It put money back in to our community and help progress Surfing in the East Coast

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah and your buying Locally too . That why I dont really Order anything online and only buy boards and wetsuits from who I do. It put money back in to our community and help progress Surfing in the East Coast
    ya thats what i told my friend who only buys CI (and one rusty GTR). That a board from the east coast is shaped for the east coast. But i never really got to ordering a board from around here.... maybe there might be a 6'0 and 5'7 for sale soon