LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surf forecast

surf forecast

haven't seen anything so sad in a while..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    haven't seen anything so sad in a while..
    Seriously. It actually looks weird.

Images
    www.dukestorm.com

Aloha,

2009 finished with some great surf...if only we can keep that action alive. The period from late October to the end of 2009 was perhaps the best late fall/early winter in NJ that I can remember. Nor'easters, Big Souths..you name it we had it all.

Okay, the trip down memory lane is now over and we have to get back to reality. Unfortuneately, we are in the midst of a wicked cold arctic airmass with previaling NW winds. This pattern is so dominated by the Polar Jetstream which is just not conducive to storm development. Once again, this January(at least the first half) looks flat and cold. In fact, we'll barely have a ripple to ride over the next week.

Once we ease out of January we should see the Arctic Jet retreat back into Canada and thus allow the Northern Jet initiate some storm growth.

All for now, cheers to some rockin' surf in 2010!

Duke

duke Says: Eddie Would Go.....

yeah, i saw that. there's also an explanation on weather.com. i'm just commiserating.

I've seen modules predicting the winds to go hard ESE on Friday or Saturday of next week switching WSW on Sunday. I'm hoping for something. I'm completely lost right now. I was planning on surfing a lot over college break --_--

Images
    yeah i guess that's all we could do right now.

Lack of upcoming swell you could probably blame that on me. Coming back state side after being deployed to Iraq the last 6 months. Of course there won't be any surf while im back after missing what looked like from pics/vids a sick last few months.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    Lack of upcoming swell you could probably blame that on me. Coming back state side after being deployed to Iraq the last 6 months. Of course there won't be any surf while im back after missing what looked like from pics/vids a sick last few months.
    Sorry you missed it, but thanks for your service!

Images
    Head to the Carib!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanandGreen View Post
    Head to the Carib!
    i just got back and its been pumping down there