LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bar

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    that's my point & why i don't go there anymore. you go back 6 or 7 years & the place was fantastic...as close to a dive/locals bar as you could get & still be in Avalon (or any other beach town). the guys i used to work construction w/ in the summers would go there for lunch; they'd have a 6-pack w/ a sandwich & shoot some pool, then come back to the site & pound nails the rest of the day.
    I totally agree, the Monday night beach party was the best. I worked one summer as the night desk manager at the Beachcomber Motel in Avalon and I use to lock up the place and go get wasted there on Mondays. I just had to come to before the day shift started, some how I never got caught!

Irish Pub, AC
    Maynard's (my local), Margate

Stoneybaloney always reminds me of the Stone Balloon, it was always a good time back in school.

ANY strip club... even the nasty ones on the strip in Bmore.

(you've gotta love sluts)

Shout out to Barnicle Bills.Place has a great vibe.

avalon is wacked out. $7 for a beer at the Princeton, $5(?) at the Whitebriar, no one will step foot into the rockin' chair, and jacks the only bar that isn't a full of yuppies. They just redid the windrift and now it's just like the Princeton! No more wing night!. gesshhh, I miss the glory days of avalon. Now it's full of mainliners, new yorkers, and an all-around collection of douche's so every business in the damn town think they have to change their whole approach to these attention whores. This town is just full of them now and it's very distressing

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    how snobby can it really be; considering last time I was at Parker House I saw the chick that Eliot Spitzer paid 4k to butt slam, she was with her maybe late 40s-ish mom who looked hotter than she did to be honest. Favorite regular bars are Sallie Tees and Boyles. Donovans once or twice a summer to see Brian Kirk for nostalgic reasons; McCLoone's at Pier Village is fun
    It's all about Boyles, gotta support the local Breweries (Carton, & Kane) both from Ocean and Atlantic Highlands. Excellent beers. Sallees beers are weak! And you need a boat to get there for high tide. Pier Village is for New York, but is very nice when its quiet.

any applebee's come on half off apps after 9 clutch.
    Peabody's 1.50 drinks and black light so righteous

,but for real The Boxx in VA beach has 7 dollar pitch and a pie on Sundays

The "Sandbar", usually just offshore, is my favorite. No covers, the occasional wait to pull in but usually not, a decent selection, and the occasional Happy Hour that has gone off this year. Hands down, my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Shout out to Barnicle Bills.Place has a great vibe.
    And great burgers. And great beers on tap. And great fish.

And they have those little chocolate mints in the green foil for the kids on the way out the door.

The beach bars in Wrightsville are full of a bunch of tools and underagers. I'm not saying the name of my favorite bar. Let's just say it's close to my neighborhood and close to downtown ILM.