LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    cmon. I'm all for legalization but there is NO possible way that inhaling a burnt substance doesn't have some sort of harmful effect. If you believe it doesn't then you must be smoking something.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    cmon. I'm all for legalization but there is NO possible way that inhaling a burnt substance doesn't have some sort of harmful effect. If you believe it doesn't then you must be smoking something.
    Hahaha... I see what you did there.

What about ingesting it via edibles or vaporizer? There is nothing being burnt...

And marijuana is nothing new... if it was harmful, it would have shown in studies from the many years it has been used.

Images
    Pass the bong and we'll all get along < Stoned face

I totally agree w/ not getting crazy on the subject...

I just don't think alot of people are considering the downsides of long term use for a short time buzz....I think all foreign chemicals to normal diets are unhealthy including smoke from any plant. If you've ever had a relative wither away to bones from lung cancer like I have you'd know what i'm talking about. It's a horrible way to die and the last words they say is they never should have smoked.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjswee View Post
    I just don't think alot of people are considering the downsides of long term use for a short time buzz....I think all foreign chemicals to normal diets are unhealthy including smoke from any plant. If you've ever had a relative wither away to bones from lung cancer like I have you'd know what i'm talking about. It's a horrible way to die and the last words they say is they never should have smoked.
    All seriousness, are you blind to the fact or neglecting the fact that, so far, to this date, there is NO PROVEN downsides of long term use of marijuana? Like someone else posted earlier, it's been around for thousands of years.

Yes, all foreign chemicals to normal diets are unhealthy... why it blows peoples minds that marijuana is illegal but foreign chemicals are legal.

And yes, my grandmom passed from cancer when she was, I think 62 (very young in my opinion) and guess what? That was from cigarettes!!!! Smoking marijuana is not the same nor on the same level as smoking cigarettes!! And again, you don't even have to smoke marijuana, there are many ways to take.

Tylenol is very dangerous, OD on it and you will need a new liver. How many young people smoke cigarettes these days? Anyhow, if you surf, your chances of dieing from sun cancer far out weigh lung cancer from pot. I realize that many of you squirts think you are going to live forever, but I bet you one day die from something. (hey this is very dark what I wrote, sorry usually I am not a negative/dark person).

Anyhow, I'm all about stress relief. Truth is many people die each year from over the counter drugs, booze, and tobacco. I am not saying this is OK, but it is a fact. Sorry to say that as adults you will make decessions concerning you and loved ones health on many levels. What's the use taking drugs for cholesterol if it is going to trash your liver, and you live like a week longer? All I saying is that we all make health decessions every day, "do you want fries with that" and wasting time, money, and resources trying to stop people from smoking pot is insane.

You're right...

I'm completely full of BS.
    Light one up man, have fun. Then get in a car and drive around town too.

I've heard joint hold 10x's the amount of smoke as a fiberglass filtered cigarette...so you do the math when people start smoking as frequently as a normal smoker does...say a pack a day...

Any carcinogen in the lungs will have adverse effect no matter what High Times says...

I'm not here to convince anyone that has it in their mind there are no ill effects.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjswee View Post
    I'm completely full of BS.
    Light one up man, have fun. Then get in a car and drive around town too.

I've heard joint hold 10x's the amount of smoke as a fiberglass filtered cigarette...so you do the math when people start smoking as frequently as a normal smoker does...say a pack a day...

Any carcinogen in the lungs will have adverse effect no matter what High Times says...

I'm not here to convince anyone that has it in their mind there are no ill effects.
    Stop getting all butt hurt! And I do drive and drive completely fine, if not more cautious!! Do I recommend or say driving on it is okay? No. How many stories or people do you know who have had a car accident or died because of just marijuana?! I've heard of none, but have heard and had close friends die because of alcohol and driving!

And you say you've heard a joint holds 10x the amount of smoke... that is just what you have heard... is it true? It might be, it might not be. But realize what is also in the smoke... smoke isn't smoke no matter what it is coming from. A joint - you burn the paper and an all natural plant. Cigarette - you burn the CHEMICALS and whatever the fug else is in there.. just sayin.

Again, why are you still neglecting the other ways of 'getting high'? You keep talking about smoking...

And you say any carcinogen in the lungs will have adverse effects... are these bad effects? Because it's not only high times that says it...

Not subscribed to this thread anymore....Not here to debate until I die....

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    It's all political. Most of the major proponents of "the drug war", are the ones that get some sort of funding. Who in turn have the power and lobbying to help keep it going.
    Bingo. If MJ were totally legal and the general public were allowed to see thru the lies they'd have no reason to buy the pharmaceutical industry's poison. Plain and simple. And the only reason they don't adopt a marijuana-based medicinal model and mass-produce it is because it just grows in the dirt and it's too easy for anyone to do it themselves. My brother's father-in-law works for Bayer, he says that marijuana awareness is a huge threat to them.

My aunt, who actually recently passed on, had several forms of terminal cancer. She used all of the prescribed pain relief from her doctors and none of them really helped the pain and nausea. She went to Cabo (her husband was quite lucky financially) and spent a good part of the remainder of her life smoking bud, and this was the only relief she had during this horrible part of her life.