LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite atlantic division team?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • NY Rangers

31 26.96%
  • NY Islanders

3 2.61%
  • NJ Devils

20 17.39%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

47 40.87%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

14 12.17%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Thread.

Bettman and the NHL officially hate the devils! Hossa, Pronger, Luongo all have the same exact type of contracts but now the devils do it and they shoot it down. The NHL is a joke!
    Last edited by ClamChowder!; Jul 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Images
    Something with the money, i forget what they said.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    in order for a contract to be legal, the average money per year must remain at or below the player's salary cap. what the deal for kovy said, was ~8 million for a few years, then 11.5 mill, then 6 for a few, then the final 5 were like 500K. this brought the avg salary down from say 9 million to under 6 million bucks, which is legal.

HOWEVER, those last 5 years are pretty much "bogus" years because he will be in the mid 40s and probably wont play so those years will be tossed out, and the actual salary avg will rise. but technically the contract called for the other years and therefore it is still legal. its kinda like a loophole. a few other players have similar contracts (those posted above), but they arent as exploiting as this was.

sucks because i was pumped for kovy to stay in jersey... hopefully they can sort **** out

Images
    Anyone think Kovalchuk is gonna go somewhere else now instead of nj?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NJ SPONGIN View Post
    Anyone think Kovalchuk is gonna go somewhere else now instead of nj?
    I think he would look pretty good wearing a blue shirt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    I think he would look pretty good wearing a blue shirt.
    I think your right, he'd fit right in haha

i really don't think the devils would have had a slidified playoff spot last year had they not aqquired kovalchuk in the second half ot the season. they were on fire until january, and they they just dropped the ball big time. losing to all kinds of awful teams like the oilers, and maple leafs who were the worst teams in the league last year. during the second half of the season it seems the only guys who were giving it 100% were parise, broduer, and kovalchuk. brodeur just couldn't do all the work by himself though. he seemed to be the only guy on defense, but one guy could only do so much. had it been anybody else than him, any other goaltender, but broduer they probably would have done worse. though the kovalchuk contract was a little ridiculous. the guy is like 27. do they really think he's got 17 seasons left in him? he'll be like 44 when thats up. unless you're chelios there aren't many guys that age still left.

I heard on the street today the Stanley Cup will be making an appearance at the Headliner in Neptune on August 29th.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    i really don't think the devils would have had a slidified playoff spot last year had they not aqquired kovalchuk in the second half ot the season. they were on fire until january, and they they just dropped the ball big time. losing to all kinds of awful teams like the oilers, and maple leafs who were the worst teams in the league last year. during the second half of the season it seems the only guys who were giving it 100% were parise, broduer, and kovalchuk. brodeur just couldn't do all the work by himself though. he seemed to be the only guy on defense, but one guy could only do so much. had it been anybody else than him, any other goaltender, but broduer they probably would have done worse. though the kovalchuk contract was a little ridiculous. the guy is like 27. do they really think he's got 17 seasons left in him? he'll be like 44 when thats up. unless you're chelios there aren't many guys that age still left.

well you gotta remember the devils' defense was lacking due to injuries. around the kovy acquisition, paul martin returned...

Images
    Anyone else excited the season started ? Cant wait to watch the rangers first game tonight!