LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Kind of hard to accept 'climate change' when the guys who are the main proponents for the theory got caught red handed fudging their data to support it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I remember a few years when it was so cold that slush was in the break zone.
    Yeah, it was like that as far south as Hatteras during this one cold snap earlier in the 00s. Lets hope it rebounds some and gets back into the mid 40s

i really don't care too much. colder temps equal less people in the lineups. when the temps get down in the mid-30s only the hardcore surfers and bbers are out. that's when I like it best.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    i really don't care too much. colder temps equal less people in the lineups. when the temps get down in the mid-30s only the hardcore surfers and bbers are out. that's when I like it best.
    true..........

Images
    In my objective opinion, its the way January should be. I don't ever remember thinking any other adjectives about January (or February), other than "cold". I don't know/care what the reason is, but January should be pretty frigging cold in this next of the woods.

Images
    Wow cape, Did you really just type that?
    You said a lot of things that I really do agree with that I couldn't type out. Way to hit the nail on the head.

Now to everyone:
    The question now is, what are YOU doing about it? I have taken great steps to live a sustainable, very-low consumption, efficient comfortable lifestyle. If we want the Earth to still be comfortable in the future, then there's no time left to argue about it. We are the future.

how about miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Wow cape, Did you really just type that?
    You said a lot of things that I really do agree with that I couldn't type out. Way to hit the nail on the head.

Now to everyone:
    The question now is, what are YOU doing about it? I have taken great steps to live a sustainable, very-low consumption, efficient comfortable lifestyle. If we want the Earth to still be comfortable in the future, then there's no time left to argue about it. We are the future.
    Not a ****ing thing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brandx View Post
    not a religious discussion - just a thought to ponder - that the bible says God will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth"
    That only matters if you're christian, otherwise party on.

I agree with many of your points with some exceptions. "Climate change is an irrevocable fact at this point." That is completely wrong. If you understand science, you understand that we come to scientific fact and evidence by questioning. You have believed what the media has told you along with the weapons of mass destruction lie. Why can't you see who benefits from these things and that they are not fact.

I look at all presented facts, but you should too. You have to be neutral and realize it's not an irrevocable fact. Over 50,000 scientists have disputed that CO2 causes temp changes. You need to look at scientists outside the IPCC (which is a committee put together by politicians). Ask scientists and professors. Don't believe what you see on TV or wikipedia. Get hard copies of journals at your university. Don't ever say that a fact is irrevocable. Everything that I've seen shows CO2 doesn't cause climate change, but I can't say it's irrevocable until the majority of scientists agree. This can never happen because of the powerful hands of Washington. Do you know how scientific projects are funded. Only when an issue (global warming) is conveyed as very dangerous and people believe the fears suggested. Many scientists have come forward and admitted to lying about temp change to receive more funding from government. Most scientists believe the sun is causing warming, but they don't show that on television. I wonder why! How can we explain that Mars is experiencing climate change too. The only source that touches both planets is the sun. Solar irradiance causes climate change on both planets. All I'm saying is that we can't pass legislation regarding CO2 output which will take more money from citizens without debating this topic and showing evidence from both sides. We can't see it's a fact with so much evidence disputing it.

Look at the millions of years of this planets history and you will see some dramatic climate changes and disasters before humans existed. Now, your point on CO2 being absorbed into the ocean is currently being studied. I don't want to give my opinion on this issue because I haven't researched it enough. This may be true which would require a reduction of CO2 (but not by taxing, hopefully industry will take the lead). I'm just arguing the point that CO2 changes temps based on the scientific evidence. That's all I'm saying that I disagree with.