LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Surf Photography Blog

Wetsuit had to get shipped back to Oneil for some repairs after some seam damage. With no wetsuit and freezing temps I decided to pick up my camera and start a surf photography blog.

Started taking photos because my current home break, (while I'm at college) The Washout, Folly Beach, SC, has a very small amount of photographers on the beach. Since I started taking photos (12/26/09), its been a pretty big hit with over 50 requests for photo DVD's and countless emails.

With all the positive feedback I've been thinking about taking some longer trips to other breaks to expand my portfolio maybe up to OBX for a long weekend etc. Still a novice when it comes to editing and my Nikon D40 isnt the best body but I'm making due. Check out the photos leave some feedback if you'd like. For now the photos are of my local break, Folly Beach.

Mike C.

www.follysurf.blogspot.com

Images

Nice shots

Keep them coming! Some really nice images.

Yes many of those were very nice, looks like you kicked it with that D40.

nice pics, cool blog

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. The shots will keep coming swell permitting. Sometimes we have to wait a few days (more like weeks recently) here in South Carolina before we get some nice surf to photograph. But hopefully this weekends swell will be good and the sun pokes its head out for some good shooting conditions.

Thanks again guys,

Mike C.

Images
    Great job man!

I'm putting some new photos up from today. Check them out if youd like.

Mike C.

www.follysurf.blogspot.com

Images
    clicked your link and it say blog not found

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    clicked your link and it say blog not found
    you have to take out the "www." of the url. it should just be:

http://follysurf.blogspot.com/

Images
    yeah I got it to work in another thread he has . Nice pics , I have gotten into photography my self but all I am using is a Nikon L100 coolpix