LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday at WB?

its going to be real bad in wb all weekend. stay as far from there as possible.

im going djust to do it with friend of mine i havent seen in a while... watch it be perfect

The wind conditions seem to be fluctuating enough that it's possible it will be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    The wind conditions seem to be fluctuating enough that it's possible it will be decent.
    Just out of curiosity, where have you seen anything except SSW at 20+?

And if it isn't SSW super hard, there won't be any size building. It's a perfect example of Catch 22.
    Last edited by adowcett; Jan 16, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adowcett View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where have you seen anything except SSW at 20+?
    I mean, as of now the winds switch overnight, it's possible that the wind switch could move more into sunday or more later monday morning, so the size is till there. The best case scenarios would be for the winds to switch right on monday's sunrise, so we get all day.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I mean, as of now the winds switch overnight, it's possible that the wind switch could move more into sunday or more later monday morning, so the size is till there. The best case scenarios would be for the winds to switch right on monday's sunrise, so we get all day.
    The wind always (90% of what I've ever seen) will switch at dark with a system like this (anybody have any idea about why this is I'd be happy to hear it, I speculate it has to do with the temperature drop that accompanies night fall). You might get a golden 30 minutes with the size and the shape, but normally one has to be sacrificed for the other unless there is a major source of swell somewhere offshore. And while the wind change at dawn would be ideal, I've never heard of that happening with a major(relatively) system. Maybe a few days over the summer the wind'll do that, but I've only ever seen is when its a minor swell thats unrelated to the local winds(i.e. not brought by a low).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adowcett View Post
    The wind always (90% of what I've ever seen) will switch at dark with a system like this (anybody have any idea about why this is I'd be happy to hear it, I speculate it has to do with the temperature drop that accompanies night fall). You might get a golden 30 minutes with the size and the shape, but normally one has to be sacrificed for the other unless there is a major source of swell somewhere offshore. And while the wind change at dawn would be ideal, I've never heard of that happening with a major(relatively) system. Maybe a few days over the summer the wind'll do that, but I've only ever seen is when its a minor swell thats unrelated to the local winds(i.e. not brought by a low).
    You know I just want good surf.

I've seen it much more sideshore... producing "strong sideshore current", which is a pain in the asshole.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    You know I just want good surf.
    don't worry about what adowcett says; he's from the internet.

let's all just enjoy the first rideable surf we've seen in two weeks, right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    don't worry about what adowcett says; he's from the internet.

let's all just enjoy the first rideable surf we've seen in two weeks, right?
    As long as it's not a 20 knot drift, and an impossible paddle out, I'll be content.

More than content, actually.