LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cold fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Gloves are always colder than mitts. I have a Pair of 5 mil gloves and my hands are done after 2hours depending on temp. When I were my 5 mil lobster my hands are will last as long as I stay out.

You might wanna go to the Dr's you might have poor blood circulation
    even if it turned out i did have poor circulation, what would the doctor do about it? 'here, have some painkillers and muscle relaxers' in that case i'd be all over it. nah, if i have poor circulation then the best cure is to do handstands for 5 minutes a day like in dharma bums (jack kerouac) haha

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    even if it turned out i did have poor circulation, what would the doctor do about it?
    I'm down with preventative medicine as much as the next guy, but i'd have a hard time going to my Doc and saying" i just surfed 2 hours in 39 degree water and my hands got cold...whats your diagnosis?"

My guess is tell you to consider curtailing 2 hour surf sessions in 39 degree water...so yeah F the Dr. visit.
    Last edited by mitchell; Jan 20, 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by capesurfer View Post
    even if it turned out i did have poor circulation, what would the doctor do about it? 'here, have some painkillers and muscle relaxers' in that case i'd be all over it. nah, if i have poor circulation then the best cure is to do handstands for 5 minutes a day like in dharma bums (jack kerouac) haha
    Eastern medicine has been used for year to help fix poor circulation. There are hearbal remidies that can fix it .

Poor Circulation

Herbal Remedies

man with the water being in the upper 30s lower 40s your probably gonna get cold toes and fingers after a while no matter what you do

Images
    Ever since I went out without gloves ONE TIME in Dec. the first year I started surfing in 1996, my hands are extremely sensative to the cold, in and out of the water. Anyone out there in the medical field: Is it possible that one session can cause some kind of nerve damage from the cold?